RiffTrax

Kickstarter backers have had this one for a while now. It is a truly bizarre dental hygiene short.

7 Likes

Two great phobias, together at last. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

It looks like their riff of Gammera The Invincible goes up for free on YouTube tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yes; educational shorts and film grain.

3 Likes

Not as disturbing as the short riffed in the Swamp Thing Live show but still pretty weird. EB did another short “The Dirt Witch Cleans Up!” that was riffed in both the Carnival of Souls Live show, and the recent Mads Halloween show.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m super excited about this one. It looks like a real sweet spot of 60’s, dumb cheese, and rubber monster suit.

3 Likes

Fairly amusing that it predates Zaat and still ends up with the better monster suit.

3 Likes

The monster is obviously totally a rubber suit, but the design is actually extremely cool. He wouldn’t look out of place as a '90s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figure.

2 Likes

Setting Up A Room is the pinnacle.

It might just be my love of Hypno Helio Static Stasis (with X-4) clouding my judgement, but that “short” is one of the best things RiffTrax has ever done.

7 Likes

Yes, setting up a room is fantastic, there are a handful of shorts that get me every time no matter how many times I’ve watched them. “Setting up a room”, “walking to school”, and “drugs are like that” are my top 3.

Almost as hilarious as the short is the promo for it:

3 Likes

I was gonna say, the unriffed viewing of it must’ve been an experience, never seen this promo before though, that was absolutely wonderful!

More Dangerous Than Dynamite is another short that gets me a lot too, just hilarious from beginning to end.

4 Likes

Well crap. Now I need to watch that again.

2 Likes

I will crack up at “Improve Your Pronunciation” every single time. The short is just so hilariously smug about itself.

2 Likes

Are you sure about that? Let’s check the tape.

1 Like

I want them to do another shorts-stravaganza live event, and I want it to feature Fears of Children.

1 Like

One of my favorite blogs just posted a RiffTrax video… apropos of The Map Room

Time for more Captain Marvel!
Adventures of Captain Marvel: Time Bomb (Chapter 3) | RiffTrax

2 Likes

Groovy, picking it up right now. And another classic cover homage

4 Likes

Wow, thanks for posting the old fantastic four cover. I had no idea what this was referencing. Now I love the Rifftrax poster even more!

2 Likes