RiffTrax

Along with Cap, I bought and watched this…

I wouldn’t call it a top level 'trax, but it was a good solid one. Good pick for a movie, some big laughs to be had. Loved the Bjork quip… yeah, that’s an old joke for them (it’s either Bjork or Yoko in spots like that), but this one still cracked me up.

And one thing I learned from the flick?

Summary

Ladies love a coward, especially cowards with the stink of death on them.

2 Likes

Nick Prueher and Joe Pickett from Found Footage Fest were recently guests on the Rifftrax YouTube channel for a Let’s Play of Rifftrax: The Game.

This is especially interesting because Nick was an intern on the original run of MST3K in its later Sci-Fi seasons. The day I heard he was involved in the show’s original run, I felt like my fandom worlds were once again colliding. It’s a small world after all…

3 Likes

The Rifftrax Twitch channel has been marathoning Attack of the Super Monsters and if you haven’t, you really should.

7 Likes

That movie is weird.

5 Likes

Never seen a rubber monster chew the scenery SO HARD. It’s a feat.

5 Likes
3 Likes

They’re going to be at Sketchfest this Sunday. Guess we’ll find out whether they show Fears of Children or not…

5 Likes

Clayton Rohner? The guy who had his fake penis severed?

April Fools Day GIF

1 Like

I’ve seen every Rifftrax they have on their YouTube channel…this year.

I may have mentioned, depression is weird.

4 Likes

Ah! I totally forgot about the Kickstarter reward for the free month of friends. Hopefully it’s still available. Even though it’s currently -5 F outside, it is the best time to curl up on the couch and check out some episodes.

Thanks for this thread, will read and get some suggestions and get through this winter.

3 Likes

For the Rifftrax fans that didn’t already know about this.

Would also lend itself well to an MST3K episode and a host segment on movie footage recycling.

4 Likes

Dang, it’s hard to tell them apart.

Also, '97 video looks worse than '77 film.

3 Likes

This intrigues me. I’m oddly fond of Planet of Dinosaurs.

2 Likes

It isn’t a bad movie, if you grade on the Rifftrax/MST3K curve. The narrative is interesting enough. The dinosaurs are entertaining, if not that realistic.

3 Likes

Kind of amusing that the shirt part of the 97 outfits does not extend into the back like the 77 ones do.

1 Like
3 Likes

If you were a Kickstarter backer this is probably already in your collection.

1 Like

Also,

1 Like

Did Rifftrax raise its prices?

Thanks, Biden.

1 Like

The VODs seem to have gone up a dollar.

1 Like