RiffTrax

Oh, wait, I do have a thing. If you haven’t yet, please go support the Rifftrax Kickstarter as linked in the update (and here). There’s still a stretch goal for shorts, creeping slowly closer. Let’s blow it up!

7 Likes

The Visitor belongs to the subgenre of “Pure Madness”, where any semblance of a plot is superseded by an incoherent string of scenes of crazy stuff happening . The other movies in that category that spring to mind are Godmonster of Indian Flats, The Day Time Ended, and the Wild, Wild World of Batwoman.

All favorites of mine, regrettably.

7 Likes

I’ve caught bits of Godmonster on Twitch a few times, and there is something really disturbing about that one that makes me not want to watch the whole thing.

1 Like

I find R.O.T.O.R. a magical experience, but for MR_Potroast’s sake I hope they choose something else. He feels like it goes on longer than Berlin Alexanderplatz.

5 Likes

Godmonster is one that makes me feel like I need a shower after watching it (ditto Trucker’s Woman), and the whole “wait, what year is this supposed to be?” thing always makes it feel seriously untethered from reality.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t recommend Godmonster to anyone that hasn’t done at least a couple lines of banjo dust first.

4 Likes

If they’re trying to sell people on the 80s madness of Rad, something like the Miami Connection live show could be a good pick.

But it would also be cool if it was a premiere of a new VOD, especially if it might be exclusive to the Gizmoplex for a week or so.

7 Likes

Just read the update. Very excited for this!

4 Likes

Uh-oh. What if RT buys out Emily’s contract or something and then we all have to have a huge fight about it?! :sweat: I hope they at least have to exchange her for another funny woman. I think they’ve had a 3-4 of them guest-star for projects before… :thinking:

1 Like

Now through Monday, March 20 at 11:59 PM PDT

StPattysSale_FBHeader.jpg

5 Likes

Can. Not. Wait.
jumping fairly odd parents GIF by Java Doodles

3 Likes

. Whoo-hoo! Look what came in the mail today!

10 Likes

It’s Crafts Month, so of course it was time to marathon all the ACI At Your Fingertips shorts.

Oh, who am I kidding? It’s always time for me to do that. :tada:

5 Likes

ACI At Your Fingertips: “Sure, I guess you could do that, but WHY?!”

2 Likes

“No reason. It’s just fun,” – Yakko Warner. :ping_pong:

3 Likes

As sensible an explanation for pushing crusty sugar into a mutilated football as I’m likely to get.

2 Likes

Even back then, that was more sugar than I’d ever eat.

2 Likes

New today: a Gumby twofer.

9 Likes

Whenever Gumby is riffed, that’s an insta-buy for me!

2 Likes

Just got that 5750 Backer milestone! All 10 Shorts unlocked!

I’ll be looking forward to seeing them! :smiley:

6 Likes