RiffTrax

From the point break kickstarter update 16 "Late pledges available! Anyone who wanted to make a pledge but missed out the first time will still be able to be part of this year’s Kickstarter, through PledgeManager. We’ll be posting that URL soon.

• Add-ons available too! If you pledged at a digital-only tier, you will be able to purchase extras - things like the vinyl record, Blu-ray, shirt, pin, and everything else from this Kickstarter project will be able to buy as an add-on in the PledgeManager store. Which ALSO means…
  • The Karate Kid (1984) stretch goal is still in play! With the availability of add-ons and late pledges, if we reach $665,000 in total funds raised, we’ll write and record a brand-new Just the Jokes track for the original Karate Kid movie"
1 Like

Only $9k shy of reaching that Cobra Kai.

2 Likes

I will probably add on the vinyl to help get the karate kid riff.

1 Like

Mmmm, now I want a slab of Sicilian pizza. Giant square pizza cut into somewhat smaller squares.

1 Like

Got my survey! Added on the vinyl and got credit for shorts I have already.

1 Like

Just got my survey, couldn’t bring myself to do any add-ons

2 Likes

I actually purchased another signed 8x10, but it’s not for me. My friends whom I first met at the Amityville Live Show, who then brought their son to the Swamp Thing and Rad shows, are unable to make it to Point Break. I actually mailed my Rad 8x10 to them, and will do the same with this one.

2 Likes

We’re only like $2,000 away from unlocking The Karate Kid and surveys are just going out, so I bet we hit that one.

3 Likes

Got me a Blu-ray. Reminder to all: The Blu-ray won’t be for sale on the site. Gotta get it through the Kickstarter.

4 Likes

I happily kept my pledge to a buck, and got 9 new shorts and a $1.00 gift certificate. I love how nice and generous RiffTrax is to even their really cheap fans like me.

4 Likes

Thank you all for the heads-up! Got my survey successfully filled out as well.

Plus, got $2 in store credit! Thanks, Rifftrax!

1 Like

Nice to officially own Kid’s Guide to the Internet. It’s one of my very favorite shorts and I’ve been watching it for free on Friends.

Yer surfin’ on the Inter-nyet!

2 Likes

I added on the vinyl that’s it for me, hope it is closer to the goal now.

2 Likes

Good News!

10 Likes

I unlocked my rewards and I already owned 7/10 of the reward shorts. But on the plus side, they credited me $7 to make up for it.

4 Likes

I’m always kind of meh on the Just the Jokes movies.

1. I have no idea how to get them to work (I’m not watching on my phone, but a big TV)
  2. I usually don’t even own the movies they are riffing
3 Likes

I think the only JTJ I ever watched was The Room because it was so notorious. Which is how I ended up owning The Room on Blu-ray.

2 Likes
  1. They have an Android and iPhone app to sync the riff audio playing on your phone to the movie on the TV, but I’ve never used it.

2. A lot of the movies are on streaming services or rentable on Amazon Prime, etc. But again, I’ve never bothered either.

Ah, the early years of Rifftrax… I remember buying so many bad movies on DVD just to rip them, demux the audio and video, then mix the riff in with the movie audio and burn a new DVD. I still have stacks of blank DVDs left over from those days that I’ll never use.

I think the last movie I did that with might have been Avatar (2009).

6 Likes
1 Like