Robot Wars Recipe

We have had so much fun making dinner and a movie for the last two Gizmoplex events. Does anyone know if there is a Robot Wars recipe for tomorrow?

2 Likes

From the backer email today:

Also, some of you have asked about a themed recipe for Friday’s event. At this time we are moving toward keeping the recipes as a part of the Special Tribute Events, and not the new episode premieres. But if you have an opinion on that, or other ideas on how to incorporate cooking into the Gizmoplex, we’d love to hear it!

4 Likes

I’m thinking cheese plate. This movie looks like a fine selection of cheese, and also I’m literally always thinking cheese plate.

6 Likes

I think that makes sense? Keep the recipes for the special events, at least for now? It adds, well, a little something special to each special event?

3 Likes

The Satellite of Love Play Doh Fun Factory!

1 Like

I really want a perfect movie/food pairing for each episode. And then when the season’s through, I would happily shell out for the official MST3Kookbook.

6 Likes

GarlicKnot Wars?

Barbara Clam-pton Chowder

Make whatever you want, and just call it “Lisa Dinna”

3 Likes

I’ve been asking them to add a kitchen and a Hot Dish recipe book section to the Gizmoplex for a while now?

3 Likes

There is one true hot dish: Ground Beef mixed with Cream of Mushroom, sprinkle on some Lawrey’s, Layer of Tots, Layer of shredded cheese if you wanna get fancy.

1 Like

Technically, lasagna, of all things is a Hot Dish? Especially if it made by a minnesotan? :wink:

My mom actually won a chill cook off once with a “chill” that was really a hot dish…

I’ve made the recipe my own and served it for friends over the years… The ones who grew up in MN always give me grief for serving them Hot Dish, “I traveled thousands of miles to get away from this stuff!”

2 Likes

We have VERY different definitions of “fancy”.
But by your definition- yea, I DO want to get fancy!

3 Likes

That’s a little jab at the tendency of midwestern cooking to be a bit on the bland side. The beauty of Hot Dish is you can customize it pretty easily without knowing a thing about cooking.

3 Likes

A big bowl of RAM Chips can work too!

3 Likes

Midwestern cooking is quite the “Wild West” at least in my experience. You get hot dish, s#!t on a shingle, salmon Patty’s and the ghoulash that isn’t actually that at all (ours was macaroni noodles, diced tomatoes and ground beef). All quite yawn inducing

But then you get Chicago dogs, deep dish pizza (and Detroit style in a distant second) and my favorite regional delicacy- the Springfield IL horseshoe!

3 Likes

I think saving official recipes for the special events is understandable, but I wouldn’t say no to a cookbook.

Looks like we’re having hotdish tonight!!!

3 Likes

I feel like anything prepared in oil should qualify.

However, don’t serve it in a load pan. I learned that the hard way. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

I grew up in MN, so I feel like I’ve earned the position to joke about the food I grew up with? :wink:

3 Likes

I’m still figuring something out for Robot Wars (I need to see the content of the movie to see what strikes my fancy), but I came up with an Invention Recipe Exchange to go with S13E1 that I finally got typed up: Chocolate-Chile Luchador Biscuits!

what do you think, sirs?

4 Likes

Well… since my only other option was not to do a cheese plate (which I immediately ruled out for obvious reasons):

5 Likes

I’m doing sizzzzzling homemade fajitas!

4 Likes