Rocket Booster to crash into dark side of moon on...March 4th! It must be stopped!

So a SpaceX rocket booster is going to crash into the dark side of the moon on March 4th. Is Deep 13 gonna get whacked? Is it going to disrupt the show? How would YOU, my fellow MST3K fan, stop the impending collision? Give Gamera a call? Death Ray?

Solutions needed, stat!

15 Likes

… all I know is that there’re nearly 5 weeks left 'till the Gizmoplex launches, including Season 13.

4 Likes

We’ve seen in the opening that Moon 13 is beneath the surface, so I think we’ll be all right.

3 Likes

All those invention exchanges were leading up to this! I’m thinking the helmet air bag, bean bag pants, and the Mexican jumping bean bag chair could be used to cushion the blow.

8 Likes

They… know… something…

4 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s part of Kinga’s plan to get lots more test cases up there without anyone suspecting.

12 Likes

If this is how Wesley Crusher becomes another mug in a jumpsuit, I’m cashing out.

4 Likes

And it’s not Adric, either, because he crashed on Earth and killed the dinosaurs.

10 Likes

Now that’s a deep dive.
Besides, she’s just divert the booster, then say to someone, “Now that’s how Don’t Look Up should have ended, but that movie’s supposed to show how stupid the human race can be. Maybe I just did…until they find us (look of horror)”

4 Likes

Wait. The rocket is crashing into the moon. ON MARCH 4. Hello! It’s a bid to stop Kinga!

Seriously, it’s probably far too late to do anything with this now, but I would love if there’s some mention of this during the live premiere event. (you know, the one on March 4)

7 Likes

“We have top women on it!”
“Who?”
“Top. Women.”
cat women of the moon

10 Likes

If you’re wondering what @PumaMan is speaking of…

In the scheme of things, it’s not going to be a terribly big bang — equivalent to roughly 3 tons of TNT, or slightly more than the energy released in this explosion:

Moon 13 should be perfectly safe provided it isn’t so unlucky as to be precisely at ground zero (::knocks on wood::). It will probably take scientists a few weeks to pick out the new crater on the moon from the images being beamed back from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

4 Likes

Hmmmm… so we all thought the fire and running and screaming in the above-ground module was faked to lure in Jonah, right?

But that scene is from the “not too distant future”, right?

And we saw it in 2017… and 2022 is not-too-distantly future from 2017… :thinking:

9 Likes

BUT WAS IT NEXT SUNDAY A.D.?!

(and before Discourse warns me, here’s my I-should-really-just-relax-lower-case sentence)

6 Likes

Wait. A. Minute. Isn’t this the plot of the new Roland Emmerich movie?!?

4 Likes

We face the dark side of the moon at least 28 days every month.

1 Like

Fire Bruce Willis at it!

1 Like

Just divert it away from the moon…

…by throwing the Hubble at it

What? Mike already broke it.

8 Likes

This reminds me of one of my favorite riffs.

“Are you immune?”

“No, I’m Lloyd, that’s the mune.”

4 Likes

That’s amore.

4 Likes