Roger Corman. The Dean of B Movies?

Roger Corman & William Shatner on The Intruder.

1 Like

Post Mortem: Roger Corman - Part I.

1 Like

Post Mortem: Roger Corman - Part II.

1 Like

Roger Corman on David Letterman. September 1, 1982.

1 Like

Roger Corman’s Filmmaking Process.

1 Like

Roger Corman on InnerVIEWS with Ernie Manouse.

1 Like

Roger Corman on Receiving His Honorary Oscar.

1 Like

Roger Corman on Conan.

1 Like

Martin Scorsese on Roger Corman.

1 Like

Roger Corman Gives Rise To New Hollywood.

1 Like

Any one know his thoughts on MST3k?
I can remember hearing him not being a fan of the show in the 1990’s.

1 Like

He’s not a fan. His views are akin to Joe Dante’s. Not that keen is my impression.

1 Like

This was on MST3K.fandom.com.

1 Like

Wasn’t he another one who wanted all of the MST versions of his films pulled as he found them insulting?

2 Likes

I believe so but I can’t say for certain. His sentiment is definitely in that direction.

1 Like

To bad he takes his work so seriously. We don’t hate these movies, we just laugh with them……even though they aren’t laughing, plot hole(s), bad character choices, horrid dialogue, poor props and aged out movies.
We love the passion and heart carried by all those involved in making the best money can buy on a duct tape and shoe string budget.

1 Like

I have such an appreciation for Corman’s work. Last night I watched an AIP picture he made that I really enjoyed called The Haunted Palace. Corman’s probably most well-known for producing and reusing footage from low-budget pictures, but he’s a really talented director for sure. A legend.

UPDATE: Oh, and Bucket of Blood! That’s a fun one.

3 Likes

Yes, I forgot about The Haunted Palace! Another great Vincent Price adaptation, but this time it’s loosely based on Lovecraft’s The Case of Charles Dexter Ward instead of Poe.

1 Like

Which was hilarious to me because they misspell “Edgar Allan Poe” in the main titles but get the spelling right in the closing moment.

And eagle-eyed viewers will recognize the matte painting of the palace surrounded by lightning as a shot later used in the Wizards movies.

2 Likes

My favorite Corman film is available on archive.org. It’s his attempt to connect with the hippie kids. It has Ben Vereen! It has Bud Cort! It has Talia Shire! It has Cindy Williams from Laverne and Shirley! It has Edgar Allen Poe and Lenore and the raven riding across the wilderness on a motorcycle. It has a society run by the high school football team. It has a gunfight using the names of cowboy actors. It’s amazing.

3 Likes