Round of applause for Tim Ryder's Insta

Okay, maybe I’m late to this party having just read about @timryder Instagram in today’s update, but I’ve gotta tell you…that’s COMMITMENT! Over eight years of that bit, and I am SO HERE FOR IT! Like, that is my dream guy right there. Somebody who does a ridiculous Instagram bit and nothing else for YEARS. And yes, I went all the way back, and while I haven’t looked at every single one yet, I plan to. Commitment. That’s it right there. If you haven’t, check it out @redryderbbgun

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

13 Likes

Thank you. I will never stop.

21 Likes

NEVER. STOP.

Also, I would make sure you leave instructions in your will that if they’re going to do a memorial slide show, ONLY those pictures are to be used.

4 Likes

That is… Wow. I feel like @timryder has laid the groundwork for a long con dad joke, and I’m here for it.

2 Likes

Would anyone care to explain the joke to me who is very unhip, does not have an IG account, and is totally unfamiliar with its culture?

1 Like

It’s lots of pictures of part of Tim’s face with a lovely description of what he’s looking at.

6 Likes

Please make sure you don’t stop!

2 Likes

It probably goes like:
Selfie, selfie, selfie, selfie, photobombing, selfie, selfie, selfie, photobombing, and…
you get the idea.

2 Likes

And based on the captions — stuff like “Look at how empty this bus is!” or “Wow amazing sunset over the city skyline” — I’m think the joke is it’s as if he were trying to take a regular picture but accidentally took a selfie instead. :joy:

3 Likes

It’s a years-long character study of a guy who doesn’t know how to switch from the front-facing camera. And I’m never lying! I’m always looking at the thing I’m claiming to look at! (The bit was more fun in the Before Times, when I would go places. It’s been fairly dormant as of late.)

12 Likes

So is it deliberate, or honestly a record of all the times you meant to switch cameras and later found in the camera roll that you had failed to? (I mean, I’m always like AUGH MY FACE WRONG CAMERA but maybe not everyone does that :laughing:)

1 Like

So I have never been to MST3K live as I am in Scotland. But I got to know Tim from the streams last summer. And he said some really nice things when my dad was sick. He’s a stellar person. Super funny and kind. What a guy!

4 Likes

You should up the ante and go live on insta “showing off” the thing you are looking at, but once again only showing your beautiful mug in a desperate attempt to torcher your live audience into wanting you to share what you are seeing.

It’s brilliant. As someone who hates social media, I applaud you.

2 Likes
1 Like

shake your money maker, i guess?

And now for a 2 1/2 month late reply: Tim Timmy Timsters Ryder here always ends his selfies with a small… dang.

4 Likes

Don’t downplay the size of his dang! I’ve heard it’s huge!

His new nickname should be Dang McLargeHuge- cousin of Big.

2 Likes

… wat

1 Like