Salute to service

I have a son in the USAF, and with so many Mst episodes involving the military I figured it’s time to give them props. That being said, give me your best, and not so best members of the military. MST3K style! Mine would be the Air Force’s own Colonel Parkman from The Deadly Mantis. He found, trailed, and eventually killed the mantis in a New York tunnel! Pretty impressive since he trailed the mantis all the way from the north pole!

8 Likes

The “ALL FIGHTER PLANES, CALLING ALL FIGHTER PLANES” officer from Gamera gets my vote.

Had Sandy Frank not actually left his voice undubbed from the original Japanese vocal track, I’d have sworn he was voiced by an uncredited Mel Blanc.

3 Likes

Lt. Col. Glenn Manning reporting

7 Likes

Here’s to the guys and gals who like to fly!
Flying so high with some guy in the sky!
Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight
Captain High at your service!
Would you like to fly in my beautiful balloon?
Take these broken wings and learn to fly me to the Moon!
Sail on silver bird!
Have you ever heard that the bird is the word?
In a big country, dreams stay with you
Come along with me, Lucille
In my merry Oldsmobile
We are kids for saving Earth
We are fans of Colin Firth
Off we go to yonder blue
We really move our tails for you!
Cross the wide Missouriiiiiii!

11 Likes

This is Colonel Connors. He can make phone ringing noises with his mouth.
VICTORY IS OURS!!

Untitled

7 Likes

Sgt. Parker
Creature Feature Fire GIF by Arrow Video

4 Likes

If you want to go all the way back to the very beginning, I gotta say that these guys were pretty good. And they operate underwater!

4 Likes

Not to mention, the really-real air force guys in Starfighters.

3 Likes

Also not to mention the battalions of JSDF soldiers either stomped on or fried to crispy critters by various kaiju over the decades.

1 Like

6 Likes

You watch JoeC Backer movies?

:face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

I have said it before, but I was more impressed by Capt. Dager than any of the main characters in Atlantic Rim. He appears at 43 minutes into the episode.

The actor’s bio says that he was in the Navy for 20 years and earned a BA in Theater/Acting shortly before the movie came out.

7 Likes

Poor Graham Greene.

4 Likes

So true. I’ve always wondered did he lose a bet, or did he need to make a mortgage payment, cuz, yikes!

3 Likes

I made a Tim Gunn riff when I rewatched this last night because he looks very much like him.

3 Likes

That part right there – each and every time gets me (no pun intended) misty eyed.

Kevin really has a beautiful singing voice.

4 Likes

He does. I love hearing him sing. The Fugitive Alien medley is another example of amazing singing.

2 Likes