Saving my place in a movie?

I read the FAQs and did a quick search of the forum, but I didn’t see this issue brought up.

When I use the MST3K app on my smart TV, it remembers my place in a movie between sessions – if I stop at 44:00, leave the app, and later restart it, the movie resumes at 44:00. But when I watch a movie on my computer, it doesn’t seem to be keeping my place – if I stop at 44:00, close the tab, and return later, it starts me from the beginning.

Oddly enough, if I start a movie on my smart TV, pause it, and launch the player on my computer, it picks up where I left off on the TV.

So I’m guessing the problem is on my end. My question is, does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any cookie settings that I might have screwed up on my computer or… something? I’m running Chrome on a Chromebook.

This isn’t a dealbreaker; I’m pretty used to just putting up with Chromebook limitations. But if anyone knows a fix I could try from my end, I’d appreciate it.

5 Likes

Is this in the virtual theater or at the VHX site? I’m assuming the VHX site as you say you are using an app.

3 Likes

It’s been in both the VHX site and the virtual theater. It only remembers what I’ve done with the Roku app.

3 Likes

Just watch the movie all the way through? :rofl:

3 Likes

Do you have another computer you can test on? I wonder if it is a bit of Chromebook flaky-ness. There shouldn’t be anything in your cookies or other settings that would cause this to happen.

5 Likes

If it’s any consolation, the Gizmoplex (theater.gizmoplex.com) site saves your place between watching sessions, even between different computers in different states :+1:

3 Likes

I suggest you try another browser. If it works in FireFox, then the problem is a Chrome setting. I use Chrome, and it remembered where I paused last night when I looked at it this morning.

3 Likes