Sayings you picked up from MST3k

There are a few sayings I use frequently that I picked up from watching MST3K, for example “Push the button, Frank”, and “It Stinks!” (I actually used the former in a meeting at work today, thus prompting this topic). I would assume that I am not the only MiSTie who has glommed onto these catchphrases, and uses them in their daily life, so…

What sayings have you picked up from watching MST3K?

40 Likes

I often inform my wife that she is tampering in God’s domain. She doesn’t find it as amusing as I do, but she is amused that it amuses me.

37 Likes

“FEWD!” - The Final Sacrifice

18 Likes

“Push the button, Frank”, “Hikeeba!”, and if anything with Joe Don Baker in it is on TV, the requisite “You guys watch Joe Don Baker movies?” is thrown out by anyone walking into the room.
I’m sure there’s more. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Final Sacrifice is officially my favorite episode (according to my profile), one unfortunate side effect of that being the case is that I am prone to begin singing “Rowsdower Saves Us” on any occasion which seems fitting.

Unfortunately those occasions come up all too un-frequently. The audience on those occasions may disagree.

11 Likes

“DON’T say hi!” has become a constant phrase in my lexicon. That and “Say…!”

9 Likes

“Preeettty nice!” is the one we use often around the house.

We usually pick up a quote or two from whatever riff we watched most recently, but for whatever reason that Mac & Me quote is with us forever.

42 Likes

Phrases that my husband and I both drop into everyday conversation:

Push the button, Frank

Rock climbing, Crow. Rock climbing, Joel.

Breach hull all die, even had it underlined

18 Likes

I’ve definitely used “it stinks” with the accompanying hand sign many times. “I’m Cherokee Jack” is another one I’ve used to the bewilderment of others.

Not a saying necessarily, but every time I hear “Take It Easy” I sing.
“Running down the road, trying to loosen my load, I got Coleman Francis on my mind.”

25 Likes

The only one I can think of right now is “Go ahead, enjoy my area”, but I’m sure there’s more I say frequently

14 Likes

I often say, “You’re welcome!” in the voice of Merlin from Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders.

I also have a habit of ending my sentences with “Won’t you?”

19 Likes

whenever i try to use my upper body strength:
“Ahh my string-beany arms and sunken chest!”

whenever i am just standing around uselessly and a job is finished without my help:
“thank god i saved you.”

breaking long awkward pauses:
“this is absolutely fascinating”

after a list of names:
“…McCloud!”

as a brilliant retort to any situation:
“no YOU’RE going to be the worm face!”

29 Likes

“I gotta push a cran” from Robot Monster. People who have never heard it instantly understand it.

4 Likes

Whenever I hear the phrase “in the not too distant future” I always respond, as loud as the situation will allow…

(say it with me, folks)

“NEXT SUNDAY A.D.!”

29 Likes

Yep. Same. :smiley:

4 Likes

So good.

While not a quotable quote that I’d slip into conversations, the haunting Torgo theme was the ringer on my phone for, like, years.

15 Likes

“Put your helmet on. We will be reaching speeds of 3!”

(from “Space Mutiny”)

It’s a great line to use when stuck in traffic.

38 Likes

I’m also prone to use “I’m the god! I’M THE GOD!” at times. I realise it’s actually a Twilight Zone line, but TV Frank’s delivery of it gives it a whole different texture.

13 Likes

The two I find myself saying the most are:

“I’m huge!”

and the classic

“Trumpy, you can do STUPID things.”

31 Likes

“Lentils.”

13 Likes