Sayings you picked up from MST3k

I use quite a few but the one I love most is from the What to do on a date short. “Ice cream, I love this party”

7 Likes

“If you’re like me; and I know I am!”

11 Likes

Good old fashion nightmare fuel.

9 Likes

And Also “Ha, ha , ha…you’re stuck here!” My wife just looks hopelessly confused at me.

11 Likes

“I guess the plot is none of our business!”

This is handy when you’re trying to digest any form of incomprehensible media, or when your life goes completely off the rails.

“We have a title!”

One of our favorite drinking games has 2 rules: (1) take a drink whenever a movie’s title is used in dialogue, and (2) take a drink whenever a line of dialogue would make a BETTER title than whatever the filmmakers went with.

11 Likes

My mom remembers watching that film in high school! It was a running joke in our house years before we saw it on MST3K/RiffTrax. (More details here)

(Also which episode is it a part of? We can’t remember any more :rofl:)

4 Likes

“Honey put your shoes on, we’re at grandmas.” I wake anyone who has been sleeping in the car like that.

20 Likes

Any time I run into a character in movies that was barely an afterthought: “[They] were hastily put together.”

“The music’s terrible, but at least it’s drowning out the dialogue.”

and a very smug “. . .I know,” from this immortal moment:

13 Likes

“Did you touch it?”–from Ring of Terror
“Sleeeeeeep!” -from many things
“Dillweed” --from many early episodes, before they changed it to dickweed

6 Likes

I know it’s originally from a commercial but I say “Pepperidge Farm remembers” a lot.

“Stay frosty,” “Time for go to bed,” “Chief? McCloud?” “Deep hurting,” “Bite me,” “ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!” “It’s the devil and it’s fun!” “Kitty!” and “PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL, WHOOOOOO!” are ones I also will use when I feel like I can apply a reference to a certain situation.

Oh yes, and any time I see Gamera, I sing the song. “Gamera is really neat, he is full of turtle meat!”

Oh, and of course, going into the wilderness, I will sometimes make sure everybody watches out for snakes. That’s important.

10 Likes

“Like hell more potatoes”

It never makes sense
I don’t even use it to answer questions

I just like Crow’s Trumpy voice - it’s fun to do

9 Likes

“Free hot dogs, and balloons for Mom”

Also referring to special effects personnel as “the guys who sit in basements and figure out how to makes elves disappear.”

. . .did I fall in love with The Movie based on the credits riffs? I think I might have!

6 Likes

What are we looking at, and why are we looking at it?

8 Likes

When i hear a heated conversation start up… “Bonk Bonk…on the head” from Eegah…come to think about it, Eegah has a lot of good ones.

11 Likes

Rest in peace to my classmates cause i kept mumbling “I’m an artist, y’know, subject to moods” in my art credits cause it became my echolalia once I stepped through the door

4 Likes

“Oh… poopy.”

6 Likes

“Then Prokofiev showed up” and “Sergei, keep it down, will ya?” when things get noisy.

4 Likes

At jobs I’ve been less than happy with: “Welcome to Consleazeco!”

6 Likes

“It was your birthday last year!” from I Accuse My Parents. And for some reason, “drop 'em, Droppo” from Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

8 Likes

I’m an MRI technologist, so I see a lot of brains. Brains of all sorts of conditions, different shapes, varying sizes, etc.

Every once in a while, I’ll run into a patient with a really large brain, and I simply cannot stop myself from singing as I run the scanner:

“Who’s that guy with the big head? Big head? Talkin’ biiig head? Dig that cat with the biiig head!”

(My coworkers think it is HYSTERICAL) :sweat_smile:

17 Likes