Season 13 Shorts

Are we getting two new shorts this week with Future War and Hobgoblins? I noticed that the live event schedule doesn’t match the old one. The streams come on much later here in the UK and I like to stay up late for new episodes/shorts. Otherwise, I catch the stream the next day. It would be helpful to know! Thanks!

8 Likes

The ticket images in the G-Plex for both say they include a new short premiere. And a live Q&A.

13 Likes

Thanks!

6 Likes

Are you mad? That would mean staying up well past midnight! :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Your dedication is inspiring.
:saluting_face:

7 Likes

I like watching them with all of you!

7 Likes

D’awwwww! I would, too, but I’m old and lame and there’s no way I could stay up that late anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The shorts are going be coming out separately 12.01am Eastern on day of the stream, as per the latest backer update. So 5am UK time.

6 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, this is because there was a delayed short premiere/tribute/Q&A from April, thus the double premiere this week!

4 Likes

Yes a new short with each live classic episode event. Except for manos

2 Likes

Still trying to figure out if Manos’ Pipeline short is the same exact one or if it’s a finalized cut.

2 Likes

Great, now I want shorts with the movie posters from season 13 on them. Spruce up the ol’ summer wardrobe.

3 Likes

Very minor corrections. Mostly the same.

8 Likes

Oh I know why. 'cause it’s a short. So besides a few corrections, I don’t think there’s anything else wrong with the short at all!

3 Likes

OK. Let’s talk short-length.

I’m of two minds, here. On the one hand, Let’s Cook A Meal in 20 Minutes was a laugh riot. Loved it to death. But only 4 minutes long? It was over way too soon.

I think I’m OK with it if the short is funny enough, but I hope our 13 shorts for this season don’t end up taking like an hour. The first one was standard length, so I’m hoping this was an outlier.

5 Likes

It was a bit disappointing how short it was. I suppose that can’t be helped though. And you’re right, it was really funny.

3 Likes

Loved the Cuban Missiles Crisis joke. Partly because - history alert - the flight time of the missiles was far less than 20 minutes, which is what made Kennedy (and Khrushchev too re Turkey) so upset.

1 Like

Yeah, when the short ended last night I turned to the wife and said “shortest MST short ever?”

I’m not going to freak out about the short length yet - we have one “normal” length and one super-short. Assuming last night’s short was the one that would have been shown back when Future War was originally supposed to “air” last month, maybe they did the shortest in the one that was supposed to be part of the backer only soft launch?

Will be interesting to see what length tonight’s short is.

4 Likes

The short was really short and half the gags were making sounds to match the action. Laziest short ever?

2 Likes