Season 13 Thread of Anticipation, Excitement, and Mirth

It’s LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY! Let’s get excited! Voice your hopes! Your fears! Your plans!

20 Likes

mst3k407yay

24 Likes

Gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth!

7 Likes

Seriously, though: it feels like Season 13 is gonna be a sure thing for me.

I loved the hell out of Season 11 and Season 12, and I have to think that Season 13 will be a continuance of that excellence.

18 Likes

Excitement: I’m most looking forward to Santo in the Treasure of Dracula and The Batwoman, Beyond Atlantis, Gamera Vs. Jiger, and of course, MUNCHIE!

Hopes: I’d like to see the return of those commercial bumpers. The return of P.T. Mindslap (he DID say that we haven’t seen the last of him) would be amazing as well, but heh, I guess that’s a pipe dream.

Fears: None. Like I said, it felt like they proved themselves with the last two seasons, so I have every confidence in Season 13.

Plans: I’m gonna get a small mountain of snacks and have an amazing time. :smiley:

16 Likes

slowly and quietly holds a sign with photos of Waverly and Growler on it

… I got nothing else to say.
Oh, and Munchie.

14 Likes

My only fear is that we’re all gonna crash the Gizmoplex when the first episode drops.

I had not considered snacks and now I have to decide what the best MST3K/food pairing is.

12 Likes

OH, SON OF A BISCUIT, I NEVER CONSIDERED THAT

I know that when Joe Bob Briggs returned to Shudder with that Last Drive-In Marathon (originally conceived as a sendoff for Joe Bob), the servers were melting the hell down from an unanticipated level of demand.

I seriously wouldn’t be surprised if we got that here.

I always used to break out Cheez-Its for MST3K. I go for store-brand equivalents these days for assorted reasons, but still.

What else was good for MST3K? Dipping pretzels into a mug of French Vanilla coffee. Loved that so much.

But yeah, for this, I’m considering a number of chips, dips, veggies, pretzels, crackers, etc.

I mean, hey, it’s the return of MST3K. Gotta make an event out of it!

7 Likes

Gonna have to get some cheeseballs :grin:

4 Likes

yeah, I’m kinda worried about that as well. I have no idea how many of us are out there champing at the bit to get us some fresh riffs. I can already hear the servers weeping.

EDIT: Oh yes, snacks. That would be Alton Brown’s Cheesy Popcorn. Seriously, there’s a reason it’s called crack in our house. (oh and if you’re looking for ingredients, Hoosier Hill Farms (you can get it from Amazon) has the best powders and popcorn.

6 Likes

All of us:

19 Likes

Santo. In Color.

5 Likes

Here’s a piece I co-wrote on the subject over at Mutant Reviewers From Hell.

Wolfy and Sitting Duck look ahead to MST3K’s 13th season – Mutant Reviewers (mutantreviewersmovies.com)

2 Likes

Just stay away from the goofballs…

3 Likes

What’s Season 13? What’s this Mystery Science show? Why do they keep talking during the movie? Where am I?

8 Likes

I’ve already got a few days saved up from work to take offffff

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting just that little bit more excited with every day the premiere gets closer!

4 Likes

Oh, you know, you can’t really “crash” when you have an invite, it’s just called “attending”.

Oh, wait, you mean, like, crash the servers? Oh, yah, that’d be bad.

He’s on Friday with Trailer Park Heart Breaks! Can’t wait!

12 Likes

I would strongly suggest to @ivan and @Lesley that there be some kind of stress-test event or two organized before the season 13 premier. It doesn’t need to be any kind of new content (an episode that’s already up on YouTube, for example), just something set to go live at a certain date and time that everyone in the forum (at least) is notified of in advance and encouraged to “attend” and hammer as hard as possible. Give the VHX people an idea of what to expect on March 4.

11 Likes

Excitement: Everything, really! We’re getting Emily for some episodes while keeping Jonah, what’s not to be happy about?

Hopes: More previous Mad cameos? Maybe some form of story like the last two seasons?

Fears: Not looking forward to the anti-Jonah crowd butting in and going “new show sucks, I only watch it so I can complain about how bad the new cast is, blah blah blah”.

11 Likes