Season 14 details

This is my hope. They do “bundles” of the next season pass and swag add-ons (tshirts, posters, DVDs, etc) and just REGULAR season passes along with the individual rent/buy options per episode.

Because I want a bundle! I want Jonah to say “here’s some SWAAG

5 Likes

Of course, let’s leave room for a little swaaag.

6 Likes

I want Jonah to come deliver my swag in person so he can say that to me.

14 Likes

That’s a tier I don’t think I can afford…

5 Likes

Whether they use Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Zoop or just a pledge drive like season 12, my money will be waiting!

11 Likes

Right now, the only detail I care about is…

SEASON FOURTEEN!

I absolutely let out a “YES!” when Joel announced it! :smiley:

9 Likes

Just trying to get some eye on this and see what people might be looking for:

https://forums.mst3k.com/t/what-would-season-14-be/20439/25?u=interestingwerewolf

Thanks for any feedback!

5 Likes

We’ll find out in January, I guess. But based on Joel’s wording (including what he said just before those GIFs above):

1. We’re hoping and planning.
  2. We need your involvement.
  3. We’ll announce in January.

To me, that adds up to “We’re doing another Kickstarter, but we don’t want to say so before we’ve gotten the rewards from this Kickstarter shipped out.”

Which I would guess means “We have high enough numbers to make it look possible, but not high enough yet to be self-sustaining.” But that’s just me guessing.

We’ll see in January.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m torn?

I think it’d be great if a new season wasn’t fully dependent on a KS in order to happen, but there’s something special about the excitement, build-up, the anticipation that comes with every MST3K KS so far… that I really love…

There’s probably some happy medium somewhere for people smarter than me to find that will make everyone happy?

:thinking:

4 Likes

I’ve remarked on it before, but I really love that the Madvertisements were so well written that we quote them as often as the episodes.

11 Likes

Yes, I went from WTF? to waiting for them.

7 Likes

I’d be happy with Synthia and MegaSynthia being the new Mads. Yvonne is SOOOO funny and we haven’t seen enough of her this season.

I love Mary Jo to death (I personally asked Best Brains to make her a Mad when Frank left), but she’s in her 60s now and I’m not sure she’d be in for the long haul.

4 Likes

One event there definitely needs to be next season – A Tribute To Mary Jo Pehl! One of my favorite moments from the Q & A session shown after The Christmas Dragon was when the audience spontaneously unleashed this long, loving ovation for her. MJ seemed a little flustered by the attention, but she has more than earned it, in my opinion.

I don’t know what shape that tribute should take. Maybe have MJ select one of Pearl’s episodes which she likes best to be featured that week. After the show, they could do the usual video conference chat, but I would like something more special. Maybe a pre-taped conversation with another cast member, say Emily or Rebecca, who includes in the conversation some questions submitted by viewers like us. They could perhaps show clips of some of Pearl’s Greatest Moments from the show and have MJ talk about what she remembers about making them. Maybe they could do a This Is Your Life kind of show for her. Or maybe they could get every one – old show and new show alike – together and do a “roast” of MJ. That would be something special.

I’d be excited by A Tribute To . . . events for Trace, Frank, Kevin, Bill and Mike too, if they would be willing to participate.

11 Likes

The one time I met Mary Jo (at the MST3K Film Fest in Rhode Island), my question at the Q&A was: You’ve been involved with Cinematic Titanic, Rifftrax and MST3K - given that you don’t seem to have burned any bridges, are you the nicest person on the planet?

She got all flustered, as she does, blushed, hemmed and hawed. Joel jumped in with ‘Oh, she’s a super gal, a super gal!’

As I made my way back to my seat, she stage whispered into her mike, ‘I’ll pay you later!’

I laughed so hard.

16 Likes

Oh no, not just the during the Q&A, during the afterparty too. Mary Jo is making her way up to the photo booth, everything drops so we could go “MARY JO! MARY JO!”

4 Likes

I still think Felicia will be back for another round. She said so on her podcast, BUT it’ll be Kabahl in charge only because his bosses want more episodes.

7 Likes

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that maybe next season @mattmcg22 Matt should riff on a couple of movies as Matt Claude Van Damme.

11 Likes

That just means 60 years of experience. If Nana Ginny could still be her amazing self until her late 80s, Nana Pearl can still torture at 60.

3 Likes

This is kind of a Web 1.0 idea (Cool Links!), but I’ve always thought it would be nice for the Gizmoplex to be a sort of one-stop shop for nerdy streaming shows.

It could provide a portal (not necessarily a home, but a portal) to the other riffing shows. It could also provide portals to a curated list of other stuff (YouTube channels, podcasts, etc.) of interest to the sorts of people who like MST3K enough to hang around here.

Another idea would be for it to be a streaming service for (unriffed) cheesy movies… the kinds of movies (and shorts) that no other service bothers with because… well, the movies are mostly not good.

I think somebody on here was doing an MST3K webcomic, too… having that as an ongoing thing could be a good idea.

5 Likes

I have a lot of unriffed content on my YouTube page. Just search for no_anions. There’s also things ripe for riffing. ROKU has many channels dedicated to b-movies. (The Creature Features app doesn’t work, but every episode is on YouTube.) Speaking of which: Elvira’s Movie Macabre, Rifftrax, Cinematic Titanic, and YouTube. Does Svengoolie riff, and did I spell it right? Mary Jo Pehl does a movie night once a month, but the riffing is in the comments section. As for a portal there’s a section on YouTube to find other places.

1 Like