Season 14 is on, what would you pay?

so we are on for Season 14. I am curious as to what people are willing to pay.
this isn’t a Kickstart we are now in the ongoing season to season phase of things.
I would estimate there are 40K MST fans willing to pay something and a full season might cost 4M (on the light side).
that’s about $100 per Mistie.
I would think though a season sub would land closer to $50 with no bonus other than maybe a tee shirt.
it could be more or less depending on many things like rewards and sponsors.
so would you pay $50 for a Gizmoplex season pass?

11 Likes

I paid $100 last time and I can definitely afford at least that again.

13 Likes

The number that I’m expecting/braced for is hovering around $150 for next year’s Gizmoplex pass. I would gladly pay that, and if it’s enough to both keep the lights on and bring season 14 to life I of course wouldn’t mind it being cheaper. $200 is about the limit I would choke on and still pull the trigger, and anything above that I would need rewards to make me feel comfortable with my decision.

Though truthfully there’s no amount of money I wouldn’t pay to keep this experiment going. I spent $1,000 on season 13, and I know I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

10 Likes

More than my financial advisor would find prudent.

But I don’t have a financial advisor, so in your face, restraint!

20 Likes

I’ve heard many people say they would prefer a monthly option. 40k subscribers at $7.99 a month is $319,600. The stated budget per episode was $300,000, with a chunk of that going for Swaaaag. If that part was reduced or removed, they’d either have a bit more money for production, or could perhaps reduce the cost.

I’m guessing they need to average 50k subscribers per month to keep a steady income stream.

7 Likes

I’m fine with either monthly or a season pass option - whatever works best for the most people. As far as amount, I’d be lying if I said I’d walk away if it is was $150 for the year since that’s what I paid for this season! It was well worth it too.

5 Likes

P.S. I missed out on the first Kickstarter, so I pledged a Ludicrous Amount this time.

AND I’LL DO IT AGAIN!!!

11 Likes

I didn’t get in on the season 11/12 until I bought the KS exclusives from shout!

I pledged a LOT this season. But if we’re going to throw out numbers for another year, if I get another season box set, I would drop $150-200 for the year/season pass.

9 Likes

I couldn’t afford the recent seasons, so I’ve just been pledging a little without reward on the kickstarters and then waiting years for the DVD prices to come down enough to put them on my holiday wish list (I now own seasons 11 and 12).

If there were a $50 season pass, though, I might just be able to justify that. You can limit it to 240p and disable downloading and exclude goodies and flash the words “cheap inferior version” on the screen once a minute and I’ll still be tempted.

If there’s a monthly pass that allows viewing previous seasons in their entirety, I’d likely buy it for a month in order to view season 13.

10 Likes

Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

11 Likes

I would do $100 again. (I kind of hope that they’ll get rid of the Madvertisements though. I know it was a Kickstarter reward, but I didn’t really like watching those. It felt too commercial- pun intended :wink: )

7 Likes

Ideal would be $100 a season, but if its 13 episodes I’d do $130-$150.

7 Likes

So a couple of things. The past catalogue will have adverts starting sometime next year. So there will be some ad revenue coming in.

Assuming my season pass also gives me an advert-free viewing experience, and the ability to continue to download new episodes/shorts, I’ll easily pony up another $100-$150 for a pass.

I prefer paying in one chunk, but I hope they also offer a monthly deal (you’re signing up for the year but paying per month) for those who need a more finely-tuned budgeting option.

13 Likes

A lot of it depends on timing; during the pandemic I wasn’t spending much, so I had more discretionary funds. Also, I have 2 large expensive trips in 2023, so I’m diverting a lot to savings for that.

I say all that…but I know I’d pony up plenty. I pay $100 a year for Peacock, for havens sake, I’d probably double that for a year of Gizmoplex.

If they do another modest Kickstarter for extra funds and offer some swaaaaaag…probably more. Because I am that way. :laughing:

8 Likes

I’ve already budgeted a few hundred for S14. The only streaming services we have in our household are MST3k, our monthly Movies With the Mads tickets, the Mary Jo Pehl Clubhouse (PSA: her show is great, and Mary Jo Movie Nights are WONDERFUL!)… so you can tell where our entertainment budget priorities are… :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Our budget would allow for a 150$ subscription, especially if it came with a set of Synthia/Mega Synthia mugs. We could afford the same regardless, but I’m still wanting those mugs. :wink:

9 Likes

The Mugs?

Would Buy.

5 Likes

Pretty much whatever they decide I’m in. As long as it keeps them going

7 Likes

Add on the Rifftrax Friends streaming service, and that’s about what I spend for streaming. I also pay $20 a month on Patreon to support Ask a Mortician’s videos, but otherwise that’s about what I pay for entertainment in my house.

6 Likes

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
No, not really. I figured someone was going to use the gif and it might as well be me.

8 Likes