Season 14 LETS DO IT!

Yes, reposting the exact same graphic in six other forum threads is spam. You are on the official forum for the show. The people here know what’s going on. As @FastidiousRobot suggested, everyone here knew about the crowdfunder, spreading the message to other forums is what needs to happen for any future fundraising. (important part of the rules in bolded text

6. DON’T POST SPAM.

Do not spam the forums with multiple repeated iterations of identical or similar messages. This is discouraged regardless of what the message or idea may be, whether the poster is sharing a web link, soliciting DMs, or even if the post is related to MST3K. Anyone who persists in posting redundant material or questions even after being directed to existing threads may receive a temporary suspension from the forums, or in drastic cases, a permanent ban.

Okie Dokie :+1:

Okie Dokie :+1: thanks your the second MOD that has informed me of this overstep.

So my question is what’s next ? Just wait?

There’s not much else we can do, really. The first crowdfunder for season 14 didn’t pan out. There’s no event happening we can help support by spreading the word. According to Joel’s last email:

One silver lining is that the continued support for this campaign, and the show, may have opened up some new conversations about potential partnerships and fundraising that could be key in getting the show another season.

We’ll spend some time now exploring those, and working to integrate all of the feedback and suggestions we’ve heard from you, and will follow up again next year, Lord willing and the creek don’t rise, when we’ve had a chance to regroup and have more to share downstream.

So, enjoy the holidays. and we’ll see what the new year brings.

6 Likes

Yeah I read that same email message. And I know I ruffled up some feathers around here and it’s not that I want to get put on time out, I just feel like we should still stand up for our Season 14, the pledge went with a casual small small push and now with the strike over there should be plans for a large push. Guess I just wanted to spread a late word around that my torch is still lit.

1 Like

And that’s great, but you’re preaching a bit to the choir here. :slight_smile: We all want season 14.

You aren’t going to be put in time out, but maybe slow down and take a breath. Once we know what the plan is from the team we can ramp up the message to various social media outlets. Again. we know the score, it’s the rest of the internet that needs to know what the plan is once we have a plan.

If you want to talk about various ideas about what the fundraiser could look like (no guarantees though that anyone from the team will implement them) there is a thread for that here:

7 Likes

Bring back Mike, Trace, and Frank.

Or at least be funnier.

2 Likes

I’d say the one thing we CAN do, aside from waiting, is trying to introduce new people to MST3K. If we can find more people who love it, and let them know that at some point there will be a push to get season 14 made, then maybe will have an expanded base excited to contribute when the time comes.

Also, if we can find any existing fans who maybe fell off or somehow didn’t hear about the s14 crowdfunder, let them know to keep an eye out if they want more.

Beyond that, we sit and wait for the MST3K team to regroup and come back at us with the new plan.

6 Likes

I think it has been well established that this is doubtful to happen, as those individuals seem to have no interest in returning.

Humor is subjective. “Be funnier” is not a helpful suggestion. Plenty of people (myself included) found season 13 plenty funny.

11 Likes

Yeah, and this point I’m going to add that bring back the people who’ve repeatedly said they’re happy doing their own thing elsewhere might sound admiring in one’s head. But it’s actually not. If anything, it’s disrespectful.

9 Likes

What do you mean by that statement?

BUT I WANT TO DO IT LETS DO IT! TELL ME HOW TO DO IT I WANT TO S14

1 Like

I mean I might be approaching the point where I’m as tired of hearing it as the creators/founders who’ve moved on are.

I support as many of the offshoot/successor riffing projects as I can. I feel like that’s a better use of my resources. Just one fan’s opinion, of course.

5 Likes

YOU R NEW FRIEND NUMBER ONE WE CAN ONLY DO IT WITH FRIENDS LETS DO IT!!!1

Ah I see. Rifftrax, The Mads are back! & Mary Jo, Them? Or are there other groups you like to support?

1 Like

I’m pretty fond of Josh Way’s riffs, too. I have to remember to float him some change. I think he’s having job issues. (He has a secondary connection to MST3K because back in the day he wrote for RT.)

Getting new people into MST is always good for the cause, for me in the past either they become a good friend or a new acquaintance! :wink:
lol. “The right people will get it!” —Some guy named Joel. :smirk:

5 Likes

I HAZ LOST MOTIVATION AND NO LONGER WISH TO DO IT.

[taps foot]

A likely story.

1 Like