Season 14 Movie Picks

They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper might be fun. Or how about Demonic Toys?

6 Likes

Yes to this 100%!!! I’ve been waiting decades for them to tackle this one. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My deep and fervent hope is that for the scene when Bill Clinton goes to meet Monica Lewinsky in the clockmaker’s shop, there is no riff while the camera pans over all the clocks, and then finally “do you know what time it is?”

1 Like

Iron Warrior aka Ator 3
The Skateboard Kid
The Snake Woman
House of Wax (1953)… IN 3D

4 Likes

I haven’t yet watched the movie in its entirety yet, but after skimming it I found that the lady lead spends a good chunk of it in a see-through top with dark pokies clearly visible.

It’s possible they could censor it in some manner, but it seems like Quest for the Mighty Sword might be a more family friendly option.

2 Likes

If they never filmed/captured a live show to attempt to renegotiate terms to show it, I’d love to see if they could renegotiate terms for any of the movies from the live tour shows to be made into season 14 episodes…

5 Likes

The live riffs script for No Retreat, No Surrender was sheer fire. Would likely become a new classic episode if Shout! could get the rights needed for it.

12 Likes

It certainly didn’t stop them from using No Retreat, No Surrender and The Shape of Things to Come.

2 Likes

Funny you mention Bert I. Gordon.

I’d like to see Jonah & the Bots riff on Food of the Gods (1976). That was the second time Gordon adapted the H.G. Wells story, the first one being Village of the Giants. All that trick photography with the giant rats is just ripe for jokes!

10 Likes

I’d go with the Josh Kirby: Time Warrior movies if they want to do a Doctor Who knockoff at some point in Season 14,

1 Like

There’s a black and white comedy I found on Paramount+ about this author who keeps having affairs with his secretaries, and when he marries one of them she gets back at him by hiring her own male secretary whom he then gets jealous of. It’s a silly movie and all the people in it are terrible. I don’t recall the title though: either “Secretaries” or “The Secretary” Or something like that. I can’t find it on a Google search though because naturally looking up “secretary movie” or variations brings up very few family friendly results :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

It was so much fun.

Was one of the last amazing moments I got to have in … the before times…

Sigh.

Yes, “No Retreat, No Surender” would be great to see in S14…

7 Likes

Did it star Kirk Douglas? (That sounds like the premise of a movie he did in the late 40s, titled “My Dear Secretary”)

6 Likes

Oh, yes, that’s the one!! (Older than I thought…I’m so bad with that lol.)

I watched it and found it very funny in a terrible way. They’re all so awful to each other and make the dumbest decisions ever, that alone would be riffable imo :joy:

7 Likes

If they want to go a little newer. Back in September I was watching, the 2020, film, “They Reach” and throughout the film I was saying to myself that it was missing something. I realized it just needed the MST3K crew commentary. It is a little bloody/gory but they can easily cut that out.

The cast and crew all did a great job with the movie and I don’t belittle anything that they do. It’s the effort they put into the film that really shows through but some riffing from the bots would make it so much more enjoyable.

5 Likes

This is fantastic! All amazing suggestions, and I forgot Argoman that was a wonderful experience live. I’m with everybody who’d love to watch that on the Plex! I’m also in agreement with everybody on more b&w films. Currently enjoying The Screaming Skull and thinking I’d love to see the new cast take on a b&w slog of some sort!

6 Likes

I think they could have fun with the Vincent Price movie The Tingler. Throw in a plotline about something being on the SoL and getting into the theatre at the key moment, possibly even a return of Timmy.

9 Likes

Well, one of my choices is this 1976 dubbed Russian version of “The Little Mermaid” - titled Rusalochka - see here: Perfect MST3K Movie - "The Little Mermaid" - 1976 Russian Movie English DUB!! - #6 by Rusty0918. Has the same cinamatographer as “422: Day the Earth Froze.”

I would really like to see them do a bad animated movie. It would be new territory for the hosts and the 'bots. They did sort of go partly into this with that Gumby short “Robot Rumpus” for the “912: Screaming Skull” episode, but I’m sure there are plenty of bad animated movies they could do.

Maybe they should also try dibs on a silent movie. I have one recommended - 1929’s “The Manxman” (and yes I know who directed it - but it does NOT diminish the pain in any way).

4 Likes

If they do an animated movie, I would nominate ‘Pinocchio in Outer Space’. It’s a real stinkburger that I saw in the theater as a kid and I still bear the scars.

2 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, please, PLEASE riff Night of the Comet (1984). This is oh so ripe for Mst3k treatment! A cheesy but fun flick from the mid eighties! I loved this movie as a kid and would so love to see it on the show!

4 Likes