Secret Images/Messages?

Greetings. I finally got the time to finish up episode 1301, but I noticed something near the end of the episode. When Kinga is freaking out and telling Frank to “shut it all down”, I THOUGHT that I saw a “secret message” appear the moment that things were being shut down, as the iris of the camera was retracting. I literally spent ten minutes on my computer repeating those last ten seconds (because the Gizmoplex doesn’t allow a frame-by-frame advancement, just a “ten second” advancement for some reason), and I finally found my “secret message”:

SURPRISE! It wasn’t actually a secret message, just the banner that was going across the Gizmoplex as the last thing you see before the iris closes:

HOWEVER

In the process of trying to discover this… slightly disappointing not-really-a-secret-message, just BEFORE the iris closes, I happened upon the following image for a split second:

BWUH??? WHAT THE HECK IS THIS? It looks like maybe an image of Baron Vaughn (voice of Tom Servo), in a… space suit? Or at least a space helmet… what IS this? Does this have some sort of greater meaning to the overall arch of the season? Or is it just a silly secret image that they put in for fun… just to be silly.

Feel free to speculate below, and/or let us know if you happen to see any OTHER secret images/messages. I suspect that this won’t be the first and only time that we’ll see something like this! :rofl:

10 Likes

I’ll say nothing except watch episode 1302 for more. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Good catch on that, @Ansible!

3 Likes

Whoa, nice catch. And, yeah, watch 1302.

5 Likes

All your questions will soon be answered…

3 Likes

There is nothing to speculate. Watch the new episode :wink:

2 Likes

Tell us you haven’t watched 1302 without actually telling us.

:smile:

5 Likes

Woah that’s cool! I’ll need to go rewatch 1301 for that!

I’m pretty sure absolutely positive that Baron Vaughn’s outfit is a reference to Raymond Massey’s in Things to Come (1936):

Which makes perfect sense since Dr. Cabal is… :speaking_head: the mysterious financier from the future (“things to come,” get it? Oh, and there’s that movie later in the season, too… hmmm).

Edit: And guess what’s the name of Raymond Massey’s character in Things to Come?

”John Cabal”

3 Likes

You know, being a time-travelling financier must be a great gig, you can tell which investments are going to pan out and then just go back in time and invest.

Seems like a good sign for the Gizmoplex if Dr. Cabal is getting involved.

2 Likes

Not necessarily. Ever hear of short selling?

2 Likes

Shockingly, strange financiers from the future are not covered in Dodd-Frank.

1 Like

Oh… NOW I get it. Interesting though that they’d throw that in the previous episode. Makes me wonder what other hidden things we may find in the episodes. Those with a quick eye, pay attention! :smiley:

3 Likes

Now this is an interesting thread. So interesting I bet Joel and his friends didn’t think of that…
or did they?
I think they did put a lot of thought into this while we were waiting for the new stuff.
Still think Cabal’s a fraud, but he put effort into his scam if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Credit where it’s due tho, that clue was there all along and everyone else missed it. :grin:

1 Like

Not exactly secret or hidden, but there was some … interesting … things to be seen during the live episode premiere intro and the intro to the Q&A if you look around some.