See X new or updated topic

Looks like there’s been a forum upgrade of sorts. I don’t see the Unread (X) alert at the top now, instead I get a blue banner with text saying “See X new or updated topic”. In both cases X is replaced by the actual count.

The problem I’m having is that clicking the new blue banner doesn’t do anything. I’ve turned off UBlock in case that was causing a problem, but still no joy. Is anyone else seeing this banner, and if so is it working for you?

EDIT: Here’s a pic of the banner in question.

4 Likes

I’m seeing both—I just had “Unread (1)” and the blue banner. Can confirm that clicking on the banner did nada.

EDIT: Had to wait for it to pop up again.

3 Likes

Thanks, I am seeing the Unread (X) as well. At some point I lost that but the banner was still there. Now I get both, and Unread still works.

3 Likes

Ugh, I don’t like it, daddy. Make the bad man banner go away!

4 Likes

The weird thing is, I’m not seeing it every time (Safari 15.0). I always get Unread (x) but only get the banner occasionally.

3 Likes

Yeah, I see the blue bar.

No, it doesn’t do anything useful for me, and I do have UBlock Origin off as well.

3 Likes

an hour ago I didn’t get the bar but did get the (n) next to unread. Now I get the bar some of the time and while it sure SEEMS like clicking it should do something, it does not. Oh and I have no ad blockers or other extensions that would disable something like that.

4 Likes

It there is an upside to the non-clickable banner it’s that it tells how many threads have been updated even if I’m not tracking it. Unread only shows me how many tracked threads have new activity.

3 Likes

Today the banner appears and when I click it, it then disappears. So it appears it’s purely informative, as opposed to supposed to take you somewhere. That’s fine.

1 Like

It does appear to refresh the page and bring those to the top of the list now.

2 Likes