Sell me on Clu Gulager

The first time I ever heard the name Clu Gulager was on MST3K. Then I thought it was neat that the kid of the funny name guy I heard about on MST3K was directing a movie on Project Greenlight. His pops was going to be in the movie, too. And he was. I’m pretty sure that that is my entire exposure to the Clu monster: having heard his name and seeing him be in his kid’s movie. I realized that I have no other reason to be interesting in him besides that.

So, tell me why I should like Clu Gulager.

Really lay it on thick. Negative reClu’s are also encouraged (because maybe perhaps I shouldn’t like him at all what). Your opinion of ol’ CluGu is on the line here people. Should I join the Clu-b? Or, should I say, “see ya Gu-later.”

3 Likes

Well…did you ever see Clu Gulager and Evonne Goolagong with the Groovy Ghoulies in The Gulag Archipelago?

If that doesn’t sell you nothing will.

6 Likes

Clu of the Living Dead:

Clu with a smoke and a beer:

Chuck Norris gets a Clu (Kung Clu?):

Lee Marvin and Clu sweating Norman Fell:

Clu initiating Vera Miles in PsychoThe Initiation.

With John Wayne in McCluGuQ

6 Likes

GulagerOUTIH

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

5 Likes

It’s his delivery, his nonchalant way of delivering a line. It either appeals to you or it doesn’t. As I was growing up (and as the original Brains were growing up), he was in a large number of the TV shows I saw, and I enjoy watching him.
The scene with the made-for-TV hippie in San Francisco International is quintessential Clu. If you don’t like him there, then you don’t like him.

It’s interesting to me that you say you only heard his name on MST3K, not saw him on MST3K, which makes me think you haven’t seen San Francisco International or Master Ninja and might want to elevate your MST3K fandom to another level.

7 Likes

I met one of his sons once and he was a really nice guy, so by the transitive property, Clu was a really nice guy. And that’s why you should like him.

5 Likes

If you order now, we’ll expedite shipping of your Clu and throw in a James Garner for just the cost of shipping and handling.

2 Likes

Know your Clus

Good Clu:

Bad Clu:

That other Clue

5 Likes

Whu is Clu?

It’s time yu knu.

Because far tu fu du.

While some may go for Rod Caru, Kate Mulgru or even Harmon Killebru,
entre nu, only Clu will du.

For Clu was tru blu and loyal tu!

He was a man of derring-du,
not a lunkheaded yahu
or some dainty little ingenu
and certainly no friend of Prince Andru
(a man I’m sure he would eschu)!

So is Clu for yu?

Yu know it’s tru!

Just ask yourself, “What would Clu du?”

But now, I must bid yu “adu”
for it is time to watch Nu Zu Revu.

Toodle-lu!

2 Likes

He’s not in this movie.

without_a_clue_michael-Caine_ben-kingsley-film

3 Likes

One of so many cameos.

tumblr_p2s3eftNQm1whtfl4o1_540

1 Like

Better Clu than Cluless.

Alicia Silverstone Cherilyn Horowitz GIF by filmeditor

2 Likes

I was too busy swimming to Cambodia.

Well he does do a fine Phil Hartman.

Not knowing who he was may have contributed to my face blindness.

But that’s Clue Do n’t you think?

enter naked? You devil you.

But what if Clueless was chock fulla Clu?

3 Likes

Don’t you start with me, m’laddo. My monopoly board growing up had Old Kent Road and Mayfair on it.

2 Likes

You know, I’m still not quite sold on Clu Gulager.

2 Likes

I’m telling you, he was a nice guy. Buy his ghost a beer and hang out.

1 Like

I think you’ll find your local dealer has many of the 2022 Clu Gulagers quite reasonably priced right now as they make room for the 2023 models soon coming in. And remember – every Clu comes with this Gulantee: if you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason within 30 days, simply return the unused portion of your Clu to your local dealer for a no questions asked refund.

Just Clu it.

3 Likes

We just missed the big Labor Day sale where you could get a free Clu with the purchase of a second Clu of equal or greater value.

1 Like