Serious Sirius.

Not long ago, I helped my mother buy a new car. Along with it came a Sirius XM membership. She wants me to drive her occasionally. And I’ve been enjoying it whenever I’m driving. What do you recommend I try the next time? Any suggestions? Your faves?

1 Like

I remember cursing at it for having a thousand channels and nothing on.

Channels I can remember: 1st Wave, Deep Tracks, The Joint, Jam On, some punk channel.

2 Likes

Reminds me of that Springsteen song.

1 Like

Tom Petty had a pretty good radio show on Sirius prior to his passing.

2 Likes

I like the Sirius, too. I am a fan of 127 (Steph Miller), a Tina Turner station popped up last night, mind you. Which is one thing Sirius is good for; when a passing occurs, a dedication channel pops up right away. I was into Bob Marley Tuff Gong, but lately I’ve been doing the First Wave and now a new channel called Lithium, which has all the bands from the 90’s that weren’t pop successes, but still kick butt.

1 Like

There are so many channels, you just need to find that ones that play what you’re into. The Bridge is like those tunes I heard growing up in the 70’s and 80’s in the car when my dad was driving, Jerry Rafferty era classic light rock. Liquid Metal is a favorite since I’ve always been into metal. Ozzy’s Boneyard for heavy rock, and a lot of Ozzy and Black Sabbath of course. Hair Nation for mostly 80’s rock and metal. Deep Tracks for mostly obscure tunes you may hear nowhere else in the world. 70’s on 7, 80’s on 8 are mostly popular tunes from those decades. 90’s on 9, same. Pop 2K for 2000-2009, The 10’s Spot for 2010-2019. Pop rocks for all 1990’s-present pop songs. Besides music, there are comedy channels, sports channels, hip hop channels, so many its too much to list. Just peruse and find what hits the spot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As simple as it is to say, the no commercial thing is real appealing. And the curated feel of the selections. Then again you pay for that. :wink:

1 Like

What number is the Tina Channel? It’ll probably be gone before I get the chance.

1 Like

deleted

2 Likes

I think it was 134, if I’m not mistaken. I could have only heard an ad, though.

1 Like

If you’re like me, and I know I am, Lithium is the best channel. 90s alternative and grunge.

My wife likes Coffeehouse and Mosaic.

2 Likes

BBC World Service. Channel 120.

3 Likes

80’s on 8 and The Beatles Channel are good ones. I’ve also been listening to Watercolors.

1 Like

John Fugelsang - TV’s Frank used to be on his show. Hey hey hey!
1st Wave - Magnificent 7 Mondays with Richard Blade
Lithium - Kat and Sluggo follow me and vice versa on Spoutible. I remember them during their KROQ days in L.A…

I listen to the 80s and 90s flashback countdowns every weekend. Nina, Mark and Alan from the original MTV VJ lineup host for 80s and Downtown Julie Brown hosts the 90s.

1 Like