Share Your MST3K Cosplay

Here is a bright yellow Heston cosplay. Built a tiny stage to hold my Crow and Tom funko pops along with some buttons.

20 Likes

Halloween a couple years ago, the kids and I were each a different generation of Mad and my husband was our experiment, we had a lot of fun!

22 Likes

I have a Joel jumpsuit and an off-model Crow that was made for me by my pal David.

Before I got a crow of my own, I borrowed a Tom my friend Terry built and kept at his booth.

I once put together a mash-up maybe three people understood - Joel’s cousin Jay Hodgson. (Mash-up of Joel and Jay Sherman from The Critic, whom I also cosplayed once upon a time, based around them both having “It stinks!” as a catch-phrase.)

I once won a special award at a cosplay contest for playing Crow in character in puppetering blacks. (I’m sure it helped the judge was a friend of mine and in a Johan dress.)

And it doesn’t really count as a cosplay, but the aforementioned friend also made me a Crow as The Crow puppet, which I took a picture of him with The Crow creator James O’Barr. (He’s not a MSTie, but was aware of the character and thought it was a cute idea.)

20 Likes

Best cosplay is when I took Crow along with me to a con where he got to meet Linda Blair and Lea Thompson. I think he forgot all about Kim Cattrall.> Blockquote

I think I’ve seen you before at one of the Texas shows, but didn’t get the chance to ask for a picture!

2 Likes

I loved The Critic, my boxed set is my precious. Whenever my best friend and I say “It Stinks”, it’s always as Jon Lovitz! However, we do add the OK sign as tribute.

4 Likes

I loved The Critic, my boxed set is my precious. Whenever my best friend and I say “It Stinks”, it’s always as Jon Lovitz! However, we do add the OK sign as tribute.

I stopped doing the OK sign because of the connotations, but I do give the thumbs up as Joel. :slight_smile:

And since I feel compelled to show it off now.

12 Likes

I wish I still had pictures of it but I once played the Criminologist in RHPS as Dr. Forrester.

4 Likes

Hi all!

The pic is me on October 29, 2016 in the Grog Shop bathroom at an MC Chris show that was a costume contest. I think the first kickstarter telethon was going on. I based my costume on one image I saw on Jonah’s instagram. I couldn’t dye the suit the right yellow, but I was happy to represent. MC Lars and Mega Ran were pretty excited about my costume, so that was cool. Jonah liked the oic on my instagram and I was super excited about that!

19 Likes

We dressed up for Halloween 2018. Can’t wait for the upcoming season!!!

25 Likes

Nice! That was my most frequent role in my Rocky days since I was also the Head Riffer.

Only picture I think I have of myself in costume from that was when I was Jabba the Hutt fora Sci-Fi theme show. (Purely because our Janet said she would only do the Slave Leia costume if there was a Jabba.)

2 Likes

I imagine a Servo limbo would get through those portals. Wow, friendly and knowledgeable at the same time!

2 Likes

What a great Jay Sherman!

3 Likes

Oh, I get the mashup! Double It Stinks! Very tongue in cheek criticism!

3 Likes

You both look great. But, your wife’s Kinga jacket is phenomenal!

2 Likes

At the last live show! I’m the one holding Crow, fyi.

20 Likes

This is so creative! Fantastic work too!

4 Likes

Here is my wife and I and Torgo at Raleigh Animazement in 2017

19 Likes

My Wife and I got to get in uniform to see MST3K live and Joel’s 60th birthday show in Midwest City Oklahoma 2020.
20200220_172053

18 Likes

Here’s a Gizmonic’s G that I used for my work hat. Scale it to your size! :+1:

gizmonicinstit

12 Likes

“Crow as The Crow” is genius.

6 Likes