She Creature or Human Duplicators

I’ve watched or re-watched all of this months picks except for these two.
If you had to pick between these two which is better?

7 Likes

I would pick ehT namuH srotacilpuD.

It has 100% more Kiel than your average film.

12 Likes

I’d go with Human Duplicators. I have nothing against the B&W films, but I do love the bright colors, especially Dolores Faith’s wardrobe
download

10 Likes

Human Duplicatiors.

6 Likes

Human duplicators but give both a shot if you can.

6 Likes

The Human Duplicators has the William Conrad Fridge Alert invention exchange, while The She Creature has Mike ‘Destroyer of Worlds’ Nelson causing the destruction of the Observer home world.

Hilarity or Holocaust?- You decide

10 Likes

It’s really a tough call. Both feature leading men who are less than compelling. Both feature women who deserve better than the leads they’re hooked up with. THD has the Angry Hugh Beaumont sketch; TSC has Mike blowing up the Observers’ homeworld (though to be fair, they kind of deserved it; to be doubly fair, the Nanites are actually responsible).

I think Richard Kiel did a credible job as Dr Kollos; I’m surprised he didn’t get more roles like that, rather than the big dumb brute ones.

6 Likes

Shuman Creaplicators?

6 Likes

Why decide when you can have both!

11 Likes

The Human Duplicators by a wide margin. Love Richard Kiel.

6 Likes

I find that Human Duplicators makes the round on the Twitch and Pluto streams way more often than She Creature does, if that helps. Personally, I adore She Creature for the Digger Smulken bit.

3 Likes

I’ll be That Guy: Digger Smolkin shows up in The Undead.

6 Likes

Oh dang. You’re correct! I get confused with that specific episode, for some reason. I always think it has a different title, and it’s never The Undead. Probably because it has very little to do with any undead.

2 Likes

Human Duplicators. I have tried to watch She-Creature multiple times and can’t get through it (I think the villain is such a smarmy $@&#+ that it affects my enjoyment of the riffs).

5 Likes

I recently watched The She Creature and I enjoyed it just fine. I didn’t even fall asleep this time! For some reason, it always used to make me pass out. This time I made it.

Now I need to watch The Human Duplicators. It’s been a minute.

3 Likes

Human Duplicators. It’s weird, implausible, and colorful, and even George Nader is less annoying than usual.

She-Creature just depresses me like few other outings do. Though Revenge of the Creature is even worse from that standpoint because of John Agar (and all the lovingly depicted animal abuse. Yecchhh).

6 Likes

I’ll put in another vote for The Human Duplicators. The visuals are brighter and it’s easier to get though. (Plus, I love all their impersonations of Kiel’s deep voice)

Though, I think The She Creature is slightly funnier. There is a stronger sense of “fight back” with the movie’s aggressive bitterness.

6 Likes

Right there with ya! It’s generally not on my rewatch radar, but when I do, I thoroughly enjoy it. Like a lot of Corman’s films, there’s a really interesting concept rattling around in the movie.

4 Likes

It’s the “fight back” that puts me off somewhat. I enjoy it more when the crew has fun with the movie rather than harshly attacking it.

2 Likes

Human Dupes, the movies a kick, not a painful one to sit through, riffing is icing on the cake.

I’ve never thought of She-Creature as a favorite, however…

I watched it after Herc & Moon Men and noted how S.C. was significantly funnier - the movie is dry, dry, dry, but there are funny bits in it (Fuller’s non acting) and there was such an upbeat energy from the 3 riffers, that I didn’t feel like host & bots were being beaten down by the thing (the way J&TB were with Fu Manchu, for one example).

I don’t know if it helped watching it after a lesser (for me) episode, but I enjoyed She-Creature a lot more this time out. I received a lot of laughs, and had a good time despite the dreary, hard to see, movie.

Saying all that… yeah, Human Dupes :wink:

3 Likes