SHORT SPOILERS: Calvacade

Josh was always gold in the theater and he still is.

12 Likes

Between the booming narrator and stirring music: There’s something rather compelling about Cavalcade. Watching it again, I found myself digging the style they presented this variety platter of stories.

On the assumption this was a series: I would totally be down for another chapter of Cavalcade next year!

It was really cool to see the unique paring of Pearl and Dr. Erhardt riff in the theater! They were great and so funny here!

Really enjoyed this one!

6 Likes

You just know that in the next Kickstarter, anyone who donates a million will get to be IN the theater with a Mad riffing a short. :boom: Or at least get in the drawing for the chance to co-Mad.

4 Likes

I don’t know how much really happened, but the Idea of ostrich racing/riding permeated the 1960’s. Though later everyone went Kookoo for Emus, and ostriches don’t get no love no more.

3 Likes

Just glad the Capybaras were spared. They deserve better.

5 Likes

I wonder if it was the inspiration for the Chocobos in the Final Fantasy franchise.

2 Likes

I saw something on tv back in the 60’s where they literally sacrificed one to the piranhas.

Not a pleasant memory.

1 Like

I’d feel morally superior if not for those four chicken strips I put on top of my dinner salad.

4 Likes

The “they spelled Don wrong” riff was interesting, because the announcer actually was Don Ameche’s brother.

9 Likes

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I think this is Calvacade, but I’m still not finding a listing for it anywhere? Cavalcade : Sterling Films : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea what that was about, but it had Mary Jo and J. Elvis in the theatre! :smiley:

6 Likes

Ostrich racing, where have you been all my life?

For any horse track owners, it seems there may be money to be made taking bets on which jockey falls off first.

6 Likes

Remember the old joke “four movies went into the making of this film”?
I’m guessing this is how this short was made, from a bunch of outtakes from other shorts

5 Likes

Dunno, but I used to put quarters into the ‘Joust’ machine.

4 Likes

Something to think about in story for the mads…
Is it kind of strange for Dr. Erhardt to be flirting with his old partner’s mom, or has all the time shenanigans with his journey and her being frozen and thawed in 2525 lessened that impact?

Not that Pearl let it get too far anyway, but you get what I mean, right?

4 Likes

Dr. Erhardt DGAF anymore! I’d love to know more of what he’s been up to all these years.

8 Likes

Pearl has been wooed by the likes of Toblerone, Servo, and that guy who became a chicken. Not to mention a dozen or so late husbands. Never underestimate the allure of a van drivin’ gambler with a purse full of condiments.

11 Likes

I feel like Clayton not being present sure helps things, though it would be funny (if we can get Trace back for a cameo later) if Erhardt’s caught offguard by a sudden reappearance of Clayton himself

5 Likes

Forcing him back into the whiny voice more than he probably would want. XD

4 Likes