Shorts Question?

Are this seasons new shorts with Jonah and Emily (like the one we saw last Friday) EVER going to be made available as standalone segments or will they ALWAYS just be tied to whatever live event they premiered on?

3 Likes

Considering the live events are just for backers, I would assume the shorts will be made available to everyone eventually.

4 Likes

It looks like they won’t have a show where it’s a movie and a short like the old days, and that’ll work. Having them separately seems to be more popular, since Rifftrax does the same thing.

3 Likes

Yeah, but I noticed the film Robot Wars (the next episode they will be live premiering) is only 82 minutes long. That made me think there MIGHT be a short added on to that but now it’s looking more like that might be Emily’s first episode and they are going to use that extra time to introduce her character into the official Gizmoplex cannon (or it might be one of Joel’s and they might use that time to explain how he got back on the SOL 30yrs later). Either way, shorts tacked on before full-length movies in the streaming era make no sense because there’s no commercial breaks that aren’t repeated outside of livestreams (they’d be too short and too early in the episode to be right before intermission) and no hard two hour timeslot to fill so they can make each episode as long or as short (no pun intended) as they please (or as the owners of the original film demand in the case of Gamera vs Jiger) but they still seem to keep the show at a 90 minute length regardless out of tradition.

3 Likes

I think they want to keep it broadcastable on TV if they can get a channel like IFC to do it. They have aired classic episodes. So if they keep it to a broadcast length, they don’t have to do as much work to get it on to TV. Of course, Gamera vs. Jiger is an exception, but their hands were tied.

2 Likes

I’d love to see them offer both? Allow people to download the episode with or without the short, and get the short separately?

But, I’m weird.

2 Likes

But, I’m weird.

I think we can just naturally assume we all can end our posts with this, right?

5 Likes

And it results in creativity!

2 Likes

Given how often Joel used to quote The Wizard Of Oz, it’s be absolutely hilarious if he returned as a giant floating head in front of a curtain. :smiley:

2 Likes

Different shorts question. Should shorts be lowered to half-mast before you salute them?

1 Like

Hi, so I have a question here, um… since season 13 has been made available for free on YouTube and Shout!, will the shorts for the season ever have the same fate? Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Considering it’s been about 6 months since the episodes have been out for free, I don’t think the shorts will come out but they are available to rent or own in the gizmoplex storefront.

2 Likes