Should we have a NSFW/Politics subforum?

MAIS POURQUOI

5 Likes

I did my own Constitution-Bill Of Rights Fanfic and all the free speech stuff is helpfully replaced with, “Know your audience for a change, you massive doofus.”

4 Likes

havn’t heard anything about bill.

but I do know that thanks to their proliferation with paul feig, we’ll probably never get any riffs on those movies. and if we did, they’d probably be a little hateful in that regard to certain groups.

as for frank, I never got too deeply into his tweets, but I could see he was going into a strong SJW stance, so I backed out rather early when I Saw where it was going. I can still watch the guy on tv, and just hope that his online presence is to keep his hollywood friends happy and he’s not that bad in real life… that’s my head cannon anyway ;o). I Feel like most of the nasty or loud people on twitter probably are not like that in real life. and quite frankly the world would be a better place if it went away for good.

that’s why I like places like this. it reminds me of times of old when I was a member of about 12 message boards, and could chat with like minded people without anyone getting upset or angry. and people had a sense of humor. this is why i’m glad there is no political talk :). regardless of where you stand. so long as you are a good, decent person, it shouldn’t matter :).

4 Likes

Sadly, this is very true. When there is an outlet for people to vent a bit then the acrimony tends to spread around. It’s better to simply put a foot down and say, “This is a place to get away from everything else and just focus on something we all agree on”. There’s plenty of other places for other topics these days, so having one place that is a refuge from contention is an oasis in a desert for me. Let MST be MST and folks can PM if they want to meet and chat about other things.

5 Likes

Just a reminder folks, this thread is discussing whether or not there should be a forum for these kinds of discussions. It is starting to drift into the discussion itself in places, which is not the purpose here. Let’s avoid discussing the politics of riffers or other community members, and refrain from using loaded terminology as well.

10 Likes

:thinking: Ummm…

I like fruit!! :tangerine: :lemon:

4 Likes

P.S. -

3 Likes

That’s fine. Just stay away from peaches and eggplants, those are NSFW.

Oh, and I loved the computer argument. Like Joel, I was actually an ardent Amiga user as well, so I enjoyed it from that angle too.

6 Likes

A big plate of oven-roasted eggplant wedges, followed by a white wine-poached fresh peach, though? Look, if that’s unsafe, then I guess I don’t like safety anymore. :man_shrugging:t3:

6 Likes

That combination isn’t just unsafe, it’s dangerous. Dangerously delicious.

4 Likes

I was working there up until the pandemic

5 Likes

Man, I love a good pie shop. Proper Pie here in Richmond is run by Kiwi expats and their pies are sublime.

2 Likes

Random Order was the best in these parts, and they didn’t survive the lockdown. :frowning: (But wait! I still have their pumpkin pie recipe from when they did a teach-in ten years ago! All is not lost!)

4 Likes

The (pumpkin) spice must flow!

4 Likes

I’ll add my “no” to the already giant pile. I don’t need you guys judging me for voting for Kodos.

10 Likes

Too late. I’m judging you.

4 Likes

BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY TO DECLARE?!

6 Likes

Do they have meat pies? Because I totally ADORED the meat pies I got in NZ.

2 Likes

They do! The steak and mushroom is great, as is the pork and peach. They do a killer sausage roll as well.

1 Like

Omigosh! My mouth is watering just looking at that site.

Too bad I live on the other side of the country. :frowning:

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled topic.

4 Likes