Show me something you're proud of

Better watch out. The last time someone did that, he got in trouble with the city for running a business in a residential neighborhood.

2 Likes

I assume that was to me, and if so, thank you!

Glad you like them; I’m quite fond of them myself, although I’ve shifted things around since I took that picture with the goal of potentially adding a sixth shelf up top simply for displaying things, not books. It’d give me more room for books that way. But I’d need to get more lumber and stain it and get more connectors and pipes and paint them, and I just don’t want to worry about that at the moment. Maybe once it warms up some.

2 Likes

I used to have a nice pinball collection, but I had to sell all of them off except for the 1 I custom built myself.

I’m also proud that I’ll be finishing up my 2nd bachelors degree this semester (if all goes well) speaking of which, does anyone need the services of a mechatronics engineer combined with a computer scientist?..

9 Likes

I used to have a Bally machine. I love pinball! Which one is the custom?

2 Likes

January last year, I started recording an album. In November I started to release it! Next month I’m releasing a new single!

Hye Ross & The Newsmakers : I’ve Been Found Out

7 Likes

Obviously my cat, Themis (Thee-miss). For without her, I could not write my series.

8 Likes

Because she wrote all the fe-lines?

5 Likes

Drumroll GIF by Be_Creatives

2 Likes

The custom 1 is the green sided unit with the tv for back splash next to the Phantom of the Opera. It’s themed for my university, UVU Wolverines.

5 Likes

8 Likes

I knit. Here is my latest finished thing. I taught myself the Brioche style of knitting for this one

11 Likes

That’s so cool! Did you paint the board?

1 Like

Beautiful colours!

2 Likes

Sounds good! You playing everything?

2 Likes

Very cool—you should share it over here as well!

2 Likes

Music! That’s been my big accomplishment. After a long hiatus, it’s the first complete song I’ve accomplished in years. Guitar-centric epic metal weirdness? Yup. Full of my warbling and screaming? Yup. Lyrics about a cat? Well, yes. Ultra-low-no budget video full of wormholes and cats flying all over the place? Well, as a matter of fact, YES!!! :smiley: The video is gloriously ridiculous :slight_smile: Enjoy!

5 Likes

I’m proud of my cats, Vincent Price (black) and Basil Rathbone (orange). They brought me a mouse shrew still alive and venomous! Glad none of us got bit.

Vincent is my therapy cat and Basil is the best dog ever!

No, really! Basil loves belly rubs, wants people food, and plays fetch! No dog I’ve ever had played fetch. Unlike most dogs he doesn’t bark, don’t need to exercise him, and uses the litterbox. Again, best dog ever… he does sometimes chase the cat tho.

I’m also proud of my husband, my parents, my nephew, my personal library (not hoarding if it’s books), and my growing collection of Real Musgrave and Hildebrandt art. Last but not least I am proud of being volunteer stage crew for the Carolina Renaissance Festival when we can.

10 Likes

Awwww! Love your babies! We currently have 13 rescues and rejects. Prudie (the one I wrote the song about) had 6 kittens, and we kept the whole family together. Almost 6 years later now, and it’s been a crazy ride… but watching them all grow up together… so proud of them all, and I wouldn’t change it for anything :smiley:

4 Likes

That is awesome! Well done, sir. (And such pretty kitties!)

I’m almost afraid to show it to my cat-loving kids, because they won’t want to watch anything else ever.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Maybe I need a followup ridiculous cat video? That might help :smiley:

3 Likes