Show me your tats!

So I just got some fresh ink done (non MST3K-related, hence it being in Off Topic), and I thought I’d see what tattoos my fellow MSTies have. Feel free to share your MST3K-related ink, but if you have other tats I’d love to see them too!

Here’s my latest tat (I have three others; no access to pictures at the moment though). It’s in Hindi; the words are “aag ki jwaalao se he rait baney loha”, which LOOSELY translates to “only by enduring the test of fire iron is forged”. It’s my reminder to myself that even when things are tough, if I can endure it, I will emerge stronger at the end.

5 Likes

While mine is off-topic, there is one reference to this in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. When Fingal walks into The Place: “Playing tonight…”

4 Likes

I got this one done (my first) a little over two weeks ago. This is the Gemini constellation, which I got after I miscarried twins a month ago. It’s so they’ll always be beside me. Contemplating turning it into a half-sleeve (it’s on my upper left arm) with planets and an astronaut and whatnot.

5 Likes

That is beautiful @GamerasMom. I love the tattoo.

1 Like

How about if I show one from someone else?

2 Likes

I don’t have a tattoo (yet), but I’ve often considered a sigil of some kind. If my pain threshold was higher, I would have gotten a winged Khepri across my back long ago.

1 Like

Well, the pain part of tattoos is part misunderstanding. Getting ink above muscle is more like a weak “electric shock” kind of feel and is not bad at all (IMO). It’s getting ink above bone that hurts, that the painful part. Like upper arm where it’s just muscle was nothing at all, but over bone, like shoulder blades, well, that’s where some pain comes in. You can plan getting inked over muscle and just go with it. Might want some pain killers if you want ink over bone.

1 Like

To give you an idea of my pain threshold, I did one round of laser depilation (I hate shaving my face), and even with a lather of lidocain the process was so painful I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest. I cancelled the rest of the treatments and went back to the razor.

I grew a beard as i also hate shaving. I just groom it. But wow, that laser depilation sounds horrible! I’ll keep your statement in mind in case that ever comes up. Probably expensive too.

1 Like

Capture.PNG

My leg tattoos are confusing, but they’re mine.

1 Like

Just be sure your credit card isn’t declined when you get your ink.