Show off your riffing!

Have you done your own riffing? Show it off!

There’s a thread about people riffing on their own, but I specifically wanted to encourage people to post their own projects.

I have a few riffs that I made and put on YouTube. It’s a project I’d love to spend more time on, but I haven’t done any for a little while.

Recently I’ve been working on RiffTube (rifftube.net) because video editing seems like a real hassle, and I wanted something easier to use. It’s a little clunky, but I’m really happy with the core capability to riff on youtube videos.

10 Likes

Nice work @paxfeline

3 Likes

Heck yeah!!
Check out Distance Learning

4 Likes

I haven’t recorded any myself but I did get a riff I wrote chosen to be included in the Rifftrax commentary for Solo.

3 Likes

Here’s a trailer to one of the few that I’ve done.

3 Likes

Hey @Fringe!

I have been actually hoping to see your work someday. I’m a collector of fan series, but so far I only see the ability to buy your DVDs via PayPal, but those updates are 11 years old. Is there any way to watch these episodes?

2 Likes

Hey @bitfed ! Glad to see a fan!

We don’t have episodes online for obvious copyright reasons. If you send me a PM I can get you info on how to watch the episodes.

3 Likes

Here’s a test run my friends and I did a few years ago!

(TEMPLE OF BAD: Scared to Death - YouTube)

3 Likes

This is a trailer of sorts for my iRiff of Halloween 2. Sorry, it’s on FB only and it’s not letting me download it to repost it on YouTube. But hopefully you can view it:

https://www.facebook.com/jamesoflinhood/videos/10154517088367329/

4 Likes

Here’s clips from 2 others that we did.

Dungeons & Dragons

Roger Corman’s Fantastic Four

FYI, one of the first ones we did was Robot Wars, which has been confirmed for season 13. I wonder how similar the riffs will be?

3 Likes

Definitely going to take some notes from this thread. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have the Fantastic Four Corman edition, with coffee cake recipe. I’m still stunned Harmony Keller from Buffy was in that movie

4 Likes

Why does this look blank?

2 Likes

I hope you enjoy it!

2 Likes

The latest from @marv & @Monty

5 Likes

I did a Linkara-style riff on a comic book called Power of Valkyrie a few years back.

1 Like

I’ve actually wanted to do my own riff for a while now. Didn’t know people were still doing original riffs. I originally wanted to when rifftrax allowed user riffs. Unless I dreamt that. Last time I was on the app and the site couldn’t find the option.

2 Likes

I was involved in the writing and production of episodes 4 and 5 of Mystery Fandom Theater 3000: https://archive.org/details/@braingaius?query=fandom (To be specific I’m credited as director and also did Magic Voice, which, uh… don’t worry, I won’t quit my day job.)

6 Likes

My buddy and I have been life-long MST3K fans, and throughout the pandemic we’ve been working (remotely) on putting together a riffing channel on Youtube! Here’s the link: Here Comes Tobor (1956) - YouTube

Let us know what you think!

5 Likes