Show us your Bots!

This is a thread for Bot builders to share their robot friends! Whether you put them together from a kit (like me) or cobbled your own out of parts you found, show us a picture in this thread. Bonus points for having a Bot that isn’t Crow or Servo. EXTRA bonus points if you’ve made your own original robot friend.
To get us started, here’s my Servo, with his snazzy Gizmonics cap and a snake from the live tour. I’ve also had a Crow kit for a while now, but I’ve only gotten a few steps into building him.

25 Likes

My daughter and I decided to build a little wooden robot for fun. She named him Tom Servo (no relation) in honor of my favorite bot.

40 Likes

I love it! (And there’s a 20-character minimum for posts, so I’m just gonna keep typing, I guess?)

3 Likes

Thanks! It was a lot of fun. He even has a lady-friend now, but she went to live with the little girl across the street who helped make her. I’ll get a pic of them together someday.

7 Likes

Servo with his baby Groot pal

27 Likes

He’s huge! So majestic.

8 Likes

Tom hanging out on the Irene Hixon Whitney Bridge by the Walker Art Center.

32 Likes

Tom looks right at home on that bridge with his shirt.

6 Likes

My three “home brew” parade bots. I have since made a larger parade Crow so he wouldn’t be so dwarfed by the other two but I’m waiting for his paint to come off back order so I can finish him.

20 Likes

My kit Crow, surrounded by other puppets.

20 Likes

Before I could afford the professionally made Servo I have now I built my own non-working one for conventions.

21 Likes

My teeny tiny servo, now with 30% more dust!

22 Likes

I built my own GPC-style puppet. He has been dubbed “Docker” (The shortened version of his name, mind you) cause he works the docks at Moon-13.

He’s a glove puppet, so I’m getting used to the weight of everything as I operate him, but I’m really jazzed with how he came out!

29 Likes

Thinking only of himself

27 Likes

My Daughter & I have been homebrewing this Servo from garage sale finds. We just broke down and bought a repro motor & trains for the skirt, but he’s coming along nicely… oh and he’s a lamp in our living room…

21 Likes

Hey everyone! Glad this place is here! Here are my bots. Servo has been around in some fashion since 1999 and Crow was completed about 3 years ago! I think they’re preettyyyy niicceeee…

Excited to see everyone work!

23 Likes

Thanks, Shout Factory!

15 Likes

I made my first crow with some original parts like the hockey mask, tupperware, and bowling pin. Got the rest of the parts from the mst3k master bot builder, Bob. I made Servo mostly from kit parts but I did have my own bubble gum head to start with. I did have the original Boo bowl but traded it to Bob since he didn’t have one yet. My other crow is the one I got as part of the first Kickstarter and I managed to get him with the original Beez created outfit Crow wore in the episode that has my name in the credits (ep 1111). They didn’t have the black vest, though, so I had to make my own to complete the outfit.

24 Likes

Loving these. I’ve wanted to get me a bot replica, stopped only by my lack of space to display them.

I’ll keep the hope alive.

(Sorry to throw in like this, but y’all deserve a hearty DIG’EM.)

5 Likes

If you have a line on clear domes, there a whole thread where people were looking for them.

2 Likes