Show us your Jack-o'-Lanterns

Carving a pumpkin for Halloween? Post it here. MST3K themes are great, but any design will do.

Here’s my family of pumpkins, carved by my family.

15 Likes

Those are awesome!

My kids inadvertently set up a nice 1940s morality play: stick to the straight and narrow, or pay the consequences.

14 Likes

My sisters, my brother (and his family) and I carve pumpkins every year. It’s the only part of Halloween I enjoy. My pumpkin is the one on the back row, second from the left. :jack_o_lantern:

14 Likes

17 Likes

My daughter and someone in your clan share taste in mummy pumpkins. Also, that’s a lovely collection you have there.

3 Likes

Very nice - gotta respect a lesson. Also, more pumpkins should have accessories.

3 Likes

Check you out, do I see some partial carving or thinning or whatever it’s called?

2 Likes

My SIL had a stencil that she traced onto the pumpkin to carve it, but she did a great job. Better than I would have done.

1 Like

13 Likes

Artsy-craftsy! What kind of exotic pumpkins even are those?

1 Like

The short answer is that I have no idea - you can find them around here ¶ sold with the other weirdies- the bumpy ones, tiny ones, etc. I think they might be a type of squash? You pretty much need a power tool to carve it - I use a dremel on max setting.

Here’s one from last year:

And here it is like 6 months later:

9 Likes

I don’t have pictures of this year’s pumpkins yet (I’ll bring those tomorrow) but here’s last year’s pumpkin

and one I especially like, from 2018

11 Likes

I could look at your designs all day

1 Like

Just a regular human jack-o-lantern.

And if you want to see the last decade or so’s worth:

PumpkinJohnson02

13 Likes

A Brak-o-Lantern, that’s awesome! :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s undying!!!

That’s also very appropriate for this year, and last.

Wow, nice collection. All hail pumpkin Brak!

2 Likes

Wow! LOVE the hairless cat and the grim reaper.

Is this one the kid from Preacher?

3 Likes

That is one sweet Jackie Daytona pumpkin!

1 Like

That’s Death of Rats (aka. The Grim Squeaker) from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld and Lying Cat from Saga. And yes, that is Arseface from Preacher.

2 Likes

Here’s my TV’s Frank-o-lantern!

2 Likes