Show us your most recent mundane, stupid, non-MST3K accomplishment

Ah, so you have a comfortable couch then, eh?

7 Likes

Nope! Guest bedroom.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s way better than couch! Godspeed.

4 Likes

I was hurrying to class and I ran into the wall instead of going through the door. I now have a bruise about two inches long on my arm. I hit the wall hard enough that, if I had hit my wrist, I think I might have broken it.

Go me.

4 Likes

I’d say “facepalm,” but…

4 Likes

Nice! You should join us in this thread: Gardeners' Corner

4 Likes

Oiooooh! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Bought four brand new tires today! This could also go on the griping thread because it was quite a pretty penny for me…but I’m choosing to look at the positive. I could afford new tires! And also. No more terrible cabin noise from the sound of my winter tires on dry pavement! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Oh. That’s terrible. I think I know just what you mean. Huge bruise, but at least you didn’t hit the wall edge-on with your face…

Well, it’s called cinco de maya for a reason, and it’s probably for luck or something.

Me, I accomplished getting home this evening, and, no, I was not out reveling (these occasions tire me).

3 Likes

I just paid off a set last month myself, and I didn’t have to buy cheap ones this time!

3 Likes

Tried a generic midi file on my Roland FP30 and it played all the instruments just fine (I had previously only tried piano midi files on it). Two years ago when I bought the thing I remembered people writing that it had the full midi set, it just wasn’t in the documentation, but I never got around to trying it until just now after checking out some midi files on midiworld.com. Best file I tried on that site today was Bohemian Rhapsody.

5 Likes

Cleaned a bunch of old toxins out of the hallway utility cupboard yesterday. Oils, paints, fixatives, solvents, cleaners, and such which were almost exhausted or expired or which we never use anymore. Drove them out to Metro for safe disposal.

Today, I’m hoping to go look at an external hard drive for my old Mac OS X High Sierra. I really need to try and figure out whether it’s better in the long run for me to just shell out an extra $100 instead and just get another used Mac like this one, but with more memory. Supposedly the drive could run $100 or $200 by itself, so… If you tech heads want to chime in with tips or a brand/type of either thing which you like, feel free. (Use DMs if you don’t want to derail the thread.) I’m not actually going to plunk down any money for another week or so. I’m just investigating.

5 Likes

That is the first step to recovery, they say.

2 Likes

Seagate backup plus hub has ports on the front. If your computer doesn’t have at least USB3, you can get a neat adapter from Kanex that goes in one of your thunderbolts. That way you can save on getting a thunderbolt priced drive (if you can even find one) and not have to deal with sub USB3 speeds. Thunderbolt is cool, but any drive you buy will be the bottleneck even with USB3. If you do have USB3 or higher, then no Kanex for you! You might have to order online. Stores seem to have run out of anything not USB-C these days.

You can add more memory without buying a new computer.

2 Likes

Not sure from the description of this Mac regarding USB3. All their promo page says is “Improved USB compatibility.” :thinking:

I’m already used to waiting eons to open items saved on the thumb drives. So I guess I can live with slowness for awhile since I want to get additional use out of this aging friend before it’s done.

1 Like

Today I posted my final paper for the Ethnography class that I hate with all my heart and currently have a 97.5 in. Took 6 hours following the professor’s terrible video step by gawdawful step. (I might have riffed it a bit when I was between sections.) It’s done, it’s over, and even if she gives me a zero (she won’t) I have passed the class with a B. If I get above a 50% on the paper (I will), then I will strut away with a hard-earned A.

7 Likes

I built an extension to my Catio so I can ban the cats from my bedroom at last. I am scratched up, have a bunch of shiny new bruises, am slightly sunburned, and exhausted. This is how I spend my days off, apparently.

Update: The cats LOVE it and my nest task will be to add tons of cool shelves and things for them to sprawl on. :smiley:

Before:

During, day 1:

During, day 2:

Finished as of about an hour ago:

8 Likes

Well, that was exciting.

I got to do a live tech support A/V chat (no, I was the user, not the solver!) and the dude fixed me right up. It took a good hour or so, but I didn’t need actual support, just someone to verify my credentials so I can get the joy of using a VPN/GRE/whatever tunnel into my work’s intranet from my sanctum sanctorum.

AND I was very pleased about how quickly it took for me to deal with my insurer and changing the parameters of their designated CCO. Took like five minutes. Via phone no less.

I am the king of all some media!

/* AND I still have time before sleep to get a livestream from my GoPro DragonTouch ULTRA HD 4K (!!!) figured out so that in case this ex-girlfriend should get some inbred hooligans to rough me up, I’ll have proof of assault! Long game, people! */

3 Likes

Took out my first wasp’s nest of the season last night. I’ve planted some flowers for our pollenators, I love our bees, but ALL WASPS MUST DIE.

And this is early for these buggers, too.

4 Likes

As a non-Anglo-Saxon Roman Catholic, I agree!

Also the insects. They’re nasty little creatures, although they do serve a purpose by killing other bugs/insects/whatever.

Not worth it! Exterminate with extreme prejudice!

3 Likes