Sid Haig

Anyone else think the late Sid Haig would have loved the Beyond Atlantis riff and the sketch?

9 Likes

Oh, absolutely.

Sid Haig seemed like he had a great sense of humor and didn’t take things too seriously.

I’d like to think that he would have enjoyed MST3K’s treatments of Wizards of the Lost Kingdom II and Beyond Atlantis.

9 Likes

I would be absolutely shocked if Sid Haig didn’t have a great sense of humor.

6 Likes

I want to cast a Resurrection spell on him so he can come back and record a commentary track for this episode.

5 Likes

From IMDB, on his retirement (Tarantino enticed him back for Jackie Brown):

I just didn’t want to play stupid heavies anymore. They just kept giving me the same parts but just putting different clothes on me. It was stupid and I resented it, and I wouldn’t have anything to do with it.

4 Likes

And Pam Grier wasn’t told about it, after she’d worked with him numerous times. She reportedly had a huge laughing fit.

6 Likes

So, I did a little Internet sleuthing (Wikipedia) to remind myself where I’ve seen Sid Haig, and of course he was everywhere on TV while I was growing up.

But this long-forgotten gem brought back a flood of Saturday morning childhood memories.

4 Likes

“Get me Brian Blessed.”

“We can’t afford him.”

“Okay, then get me Sid Haig.”

6 Likes

Sid was a big mentor to Pam, and the two of them did so many fun exploitation films. I can absolutely see Sid getting a kick out of this episode. He took his craft seriously, but had a good sense of humor about himself.

3 Likes