Single Random Facts

All right, let’s enrich our minds! Post a single fact that you find fascinating. About anything. It’s like training to be on Jeopardy, one bit of trivia at a time!

• The last star in the universe will most likely be a tiny, slow burning red dwarf; such as Trappist-1, a dwarf in the Aquarius constellation.
15 Likes

FACT: I’ve been to paradise, but I’ve never been to me.

10 Likes

The practice of raising snails for food is known as Heliculture.

9 Likes

It is logically impossible for the universe to exist.

Nothing can exist without having a beginning, and nothing can begin without some pre-existing material and source of energy to cause that beginning.

9 Likes

“Raisin” means “grape” in French.

9 Likes

But is there a name for the process of snailing raisins for food? I’m asking for my friend Sven. :wink:

13 Likes

Metals, when solidifying from liquid state, are formed in crystal shapes; and thus it can be considered that solid metal is ice

6 Likes

Octopus brains are totally unlike human brains (in multiple ways) but it appears they experience psychoactive substances the same way as us.

The scientists want to better understand the origins of intelligence and the structure and importance of social behaviors, while the octopuses… I dunno, start thinking about deep sea raves…?

10 Likes

Lake Baikal is the deepest and oldest freshwater lake in the world.

11 Likes

These commonsense precautions can help lower your risk of developing staph infections:

• Wash your hands.
  • Keep wounds covered.
  • Reduce tampon risks.
  • Keep personal items personal.
  • Wash clothing and bedding in hot water.
  • Take food safety precautions.
5 Likes

If you plant ice you’re gonna harvest wind

5 Likes

In a related matter, the correct plural for “octopus” is “octopuses”. Congratulations.

11 Likes

James Garfield was the first left-handed president, and in fact was ambidextrous. He would write Latin with one hand and Greek with the other at the same time as a sort of 19th Century bar trick.

12 Likes

Bread is a foam.

11 Likes

Signs point to no.

1 Like

Water ice is a mineral.

3 Likes

… Water is water. And east is east and west is west, and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

6 Likes
  • There is no set size for a soccer ball. For international competition (and most domestic leagues), a soccer ball must be Class 5, defined as 68 to 70 cm (27 to 28 in) in circumference.
4 Likes

The United States and Britain once almost went to war over a dead pig.

5 Likes

Corn is a member of the grass family.

19 Likes