Single Random Facts

“Pervitin”, or, as it’s often referred to today, “meth”.

2 Likes

If you look closely at the footage of Hitler, you can see him shaking uncontrollably from using the stuff.

The allies used Benzedrine, also a powerful stimulant.

Ever hear of these guys?

Named after Dexedrine, another powerful stimulant used by US forces in the late 1960’s.

I would not be at all surprised to see some form of meth still used by today’s forces; it’s probably toned down a bit, but still powerful.

3 Likes

At least one Peruvian woman I know considers

to be a hero of her country, and inisted upon showing me a picture of him on her phone when she noticed an anonymous someone at work wearing the Lemmy/Duane/Martin van Buren facial hair.

Although, that someone probably shouldn’t have been too flattered by the comparison, as great and influential a war hero as Señor Seminario was. I’m sure the pictures don’t do him justice, though, and in his day he was no doubt a very dashing figure well admired by the llllllladies.

1 Like

1 Like

The lady who sang the Reading Rainbow theme is named Tina Fabrique and she has one hell of a voice.

1 Like

Nope

Bedbugs can survive a year or more without feeding. About as big as flattened apple seeds, they squeeze into tiny cracks in walls or in the joints of bed frames during the day; they crawl out at night, attracted by a sleeper’s exhaled carbon dioxide and body warmth

3 Likes

Germans used to us VW Beetles as police cars.

2 Likes

Anyone else remember this test pattern coming on TV early in the morning?

4 Likes

We never had the Indian Head test pattern. The colored bars one served a similar purpose.

2 Likes

Before my time. We had the color bars.

3 Likes

Herbie’s a narc? No!

1 Like

I remember it.

I think I remember seeing the color bars on TV, too, but it gets mixed up with my Air Force job. We had color bar generators we used for testing the microwave radios and, well, TV sets and video monitors. So I’ve seen it a lot, but no distinct memory of it at home.

1 Like

I may vaguely remember the Indian head one, but I remember the color bars much more.

I also remember when a little dot of light would stay in the middle of the screen for a few minutes after you turned off the set.

2 Likes

Your answer to the question “Has there ever in history been a two-door cop car?”

2 Likes

How about a one-door cop car?

2 Likes

No long posts today (no time), but Random Facts Woman™ thought you all would appreciate this image of different ways to say something like “It’s the bee’s knees” in different languages (all translated into English for our reading pleasure). I’m very much wondering what the origin of the Chinese version was…

9 Likes

I rarely use the phrase “bee’s knees”, but now I feel like I need to find ways to use “baby jesus in velvet underpants”

4 Likes

When I was in Australia, it was, “The Cat’s Ass”.

1 Like

I like the Dutch and Finnish ones.

1 Like

The French one is hilarious !

1 Like