Single Random Facts

No, but now I am.

4 Likes

My Civic is 74" wide!

4 Likes

Estelle Axton née Stewart, cofounder of Stax Records, was not married to Hoyt Axton, nor to any of his close kin.

2 Likes

I would totally buy one of these, but AFAIK you can’t get them in the US. Also I already have a tiny pickup I don’t want to sell. But in principle, I would totally buy one of these.

3 Likes

You can, but they have to be specially imported.

For example-

The prices are pretty reasonable.

3 Likes

Can you get the steering wheel on the left? Or at least, in the middle?

4 Likes

No idea, sorry.

2 Likes

Do you have a big ol’ bag of electrolyte powder that has solidified into a solid mass? Not feel like shopping for a “new” bag of the powder?

Well listen up, because this fact is for you!

First, you remove any scoop or (unopened!) package of silica dessicant you may have been storing in the pouch. Very important.

Then, you take a heavy mallet with a rubber head, and smash the hell out of the bag. Do not take it easy. Hard, fast, and for a long time are the key words here.

And finally, you remember to seal the bag of precious powder after scooping out a cup of Good Morning Ameri’cise!

2 Likes

This is a sculpture by Daniel Popper called “Hallow” and it can be found in the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, Illinois.

7 Likes

That is one birchen’ sculpture.

Fact? Don’t bother with eyeglass cleaning solution. It’s only mostly, but not maximally, effective.

Under running water, experts like me recommend thoroughly rinsing one’s eyeglasses, applying a small amount of unscented dishsoap that does not contain lotions or moisturizers, rinsing thoroughly after distributing the soap with one’s fingers.

One should use warm, but not hot, water, in order to preserve whatever treatments one may have had added to one’s lenses.

Let air dry, but a tiny, brief flow of air from a heat gun set to its lowest setting may be used to effect quicker removal of water droplets.

One may see only minimal water droplets if one rinses as a final pass the lenses parallel to the laminar flow of water from one’s source. These droplets may be ignored.

3 Likes

According to a nature show we listened to (we go to sleep listening to them) last night, pythons in India are two feet long when they hatch.

5 Likes

Once, someone let a gorilla loose on the International Space Station and it chased astronaut Tim Peake!

6 Likes

That’s just a Sci-fi movie premise! You can’t fool me! Wait. What? … Holy crap!

At least it wasn’t a Silverback.

4 Likes

I had no idea how much a young Mitchell Ryan circa late 1960s/early Dark Shadows looked like Thomas Gibson circa Dharma and Greg. That’s some good TV casting!

2 Likes

A genus of vine named boquila is the only type of plant that can mimic its host organism regardless of the species of host (one vine can mimic multiple hosts) and no one knows how it does it.

3 Likes

That sounds like a writing premise…

2 Likes

In the 1970s, the Indian military had a tradition of making helicopters look like animals.

4 Likes