Single Random Facts

In most states in the US, one can totally sue a partner who “gave” one an STD, especially knowingly, and have a fair chance of procuring a financial judgment.

The more you know!

3 Likes

California isn’t one of them.

2 Likes

Apparently they had a car with race officials going among the runners, kicking up dust in their faces (most of the course was dirt roads). The runners had a little bit of satisfaction when the car went off the road into a ditch.

3 Likes

Who’s they?

2 Likes

The officials working the 1904 Olympic marathon.

2 Likes

Ah, right. (This is why context helps.)

2 Likes

Ok, well now that you know, don’t let it happen again.
Next time it could be Uranus.

4 Likes

Shh, don’t tell them about the evil plan!

2 Likes

Planetary scientists ran out of things to do when planet X couldn’t be found so they made up this garbage about planet 9 being not so they could get on TV again.

2 Likes

A beard (on the face!) can supposedly block up to 95% of UV radiation.

2 Likes

Let’s put one on the moon.

2 Likes

The “moon”! Ah. I know what that means! Very saucy indeed, but useful information!

1 Like

Elon Musk might let you borrow a rocketship. A big moon beard will help the planet. Everyone will be able to go to the beach again!

2 Likes

NEW random fact: Jeff Bezos would totally do a space ride, to experiment with hair growth in space.

But I would decline the offer.

2 Likes
  • The first person caught speeding was Walter Arnold of Kent, England. On January 27th, 1896, a police officer on a bicycle chased Arnold down and cited him for driving a reckless 8 mph. Arnold was convicted and paid a fine of 4 pounds, 7 shillings.
6 Likes

Yeah, but how fast was the officer going? I bet he didn’t have to pay a fine.

3 Likes

When a guy on a bicycle can catch you, you’re not speeding.

3 Likes

Even:

?

3 Likes

Bet you thought you’d gotten rid of Random/Unsettling Facts Woman ™!

Not a chance… MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1. Be very very glad you were not an astronaut on the Apollo spacecraft, because if you had been… you’d have been pooping in a bag that you stuck to your butt with adhesive, then added disinfectant to and closed up before kneading it with your hands. All those poop bags came back to earth with the astronauts too.

2. And here’s a big ol’ cringefest for you guys on the forum… Gouvernor Morris, the final author of the US Constitution, died in what may very well be the worst possible way in history. While suffering from a painful blockage in his urinary tract, Morris proceeded to perform self-surgery by inserting a whale bone into his penis to clear the blockage. Not only did this NOT clear the blockage, but Morris obtained a gnarly infection from the whale bone and died in 1816 from it… ironically in the same room he was born in. Talk about going full circle…

3. Ever wonder why Ted Kaczynski was dubbed the Unabomber? Well wonder no more! During the first part of Ted’s bombing spree, he was sending them primarily to (UN)iversities and (A)irports. No one ever said the FBI was creative…

4. Richard Chase, AKA the Vampire of Sacramento, was a serial killer who drank the blood of his victims. Diagnosed with schizophrenia, Chase convinced himself he was a walking corpse and told others his heart would stop. He was hospitalized in 1970, and despite being observed trying to drink the blood of dead birds, was later released and went to live with his mother; later he was kicked out of multiple apartments in the mid-70s for killing and drinking the blood of animals, and when his mother refused to let him come home for Christmas in 1977 it sparked a killing spree which ended with a total of six victims. Police found utensils covered in blood and human brains in his fridge when they arrested him. Chase died of an overdose of anxiety medication and died in 1980.

5. While most household pets look and act very differently from their ancestors due to centuries of domestication, cats are mostly unchanged from how they acted back in the day. This appears to be due to the fact that cats more or less domesticated themselves, interestingly. Which means… I AM owned by a tiny black panther! YAY!!!

6. Next time you’re enjoying sipping on some Captain Morgan, consider this… there was a REAL Captain Morgan, but he wasn’t a leg-raising jolly drunkard. Sir Henry Morgan left his family in Wales to join a pirate group known as the Brethren of the Coast, and while he was generous with his crew, Morgan was ruthless with his enemies, even going so far as to strangle prisoners until their eyeballs literally popped out. Morgan also led a successful charge to capture Panama in 1671, and amassed enough gold to buy land in Jamaica, where he eventually became governor.

7. Arnold Schwarzenegger was required while he was in Austria to serve a year in the Austrian Army, but went AWOL at one point for a week to enter a bodybuilding contest. He served a week in jail for that, but it paved the way for him to enter more contests and eventually make it to Hollywood, where he now has a long and storied film career. So… break the law I guess?

8. Hawaii’s last king, David Kalakaua, saved Hawaiian culture by embarking on a world tour. After missionaries brought diseases and stoked racial tensions on the islands, Kalakaua was determined to boost Hawaiian traditions and embarked on a tour of Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and the United States. As a result of this trip, Kalakaua became the first reigning monarch to circumnavigate the world.

9. After the 2014 death of Robin Williams, members of ISIS took to Twitter and forums to write about how his movies were impactful on their lives. This angered some members, because they condemned Williams for criticizing ISIS’s mission.

10. Butterflies often “mud puddle,” a process during which they extract, then eat, the salts that are found in mud, blood, and feces. Apparently, it’s very nutritious! Yummy… :nauseated_face:

11. Someone needs to remind the Senate of the rules, apparently… Senate Rule XIX states that a US Senator cannot insult their colleagues. The rule, which dates back to 1902, was established after a fistfight between Senators erupted during a debate about a treaty relating to the annexation of the Philippines. So… asking for a friend… does that also apply to the House? 'Cause I can think of quite a few representatives that need to shut the heck up…

12. Forrest Mars, who created Peanut M&M’s, couldn’t even enjoy his own invention because he was allergic to peanuts. Talk about disappointment…

13. While William Shakespeare’s grave now shows him holding a quill, the original grave actually depicted the playwright holding a bag of grain. In 1747, the citizens of Stratford-upon-Avon replaced the bag with a quill. Some believe the quill was to honor his plays, while others say the grain was removed because Shakespeare grew wealthy dealing grain during a time of famine. Only the (long dead) citizens of Stratford-upon-Avon know for sure…

14. Even dictators were young idealists at some point… When Cuban leader, Fidel Castro, was 14 years old, he wrote a letter to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt congratulating him on his re-election. The letter also contained a plea. “If you like, give me a ten dollars bill green American, in the letter, because never, I have not seen a ten dollars bill green American and I would like to have one of them,” Castro wrote.

15. Never underestimate the power of television… on May 14th, 1998, the ambulance carrying Frank Sinatra to Cedars Sinai (where he was pronounced dead) was able to reach the hospital in record time because there was almost no traffic? Why was this, you ask? Apparently everyone was home watching the 2 hour Seinfeld series finale.

16. I’m confident that the price of a Costco hot dog will remain $1.50 until the end of time. The hot dog has cost $1.50 since it was introduced in 1984, and has stayed the same price ever since, even as other food items, like the store’s dollar pizza slices, have risen in price due to inflation. That’s not to say people haven’t tried to raise the price. When the company’s president complained the store was losing money on the hot dogs, Costco CEO, Jim Sinegal, refused to budge. “If you raise [the price of] the effing hot dog, I will kill you,” Sinegal said. “Figure it out.”

17. And ending on a female empowerment note… Sabiha Gökçen, a Turkish pilot, is believed to be the first female combat pilot in the world. Gökçen was one of several children adopted by Turkish president Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Soon after, Atatürk granted women the right to vote and empowered them to take up passions like aviation. Gökçen was enchanted by flight and enrolled in flight school, where she became the first Turkish woman to receive her pilot’s license.

Random/Unsettling Facts Woman OUT!

5 Likes

I wonder how history would have changed if he’d gotten that ten dollar bill?

3 Likes