Sketches From Synthia Selects

Speaking of, Joel uses the term “skit” to describe his sketch-within-a-sketch in that episode.

ducks for cover

5 Likes

Skit? :man_shrugging:
Sketch? :man_shrugging:
Scotch! :+1:

6 Likes

You all heard her! The officially sanctioned MST3K word is skit!

5 Likes

Absolutely not. Joel has been corrected and is currently in time out for this decades-old crime.

14 Likes

I still don’t get it. What’s wrong with the word “skit”? We didn’t steal the word from Robot Chicken, right?
… Right?

4 Likes

Happy cake day!

And since you can find everything explained on the web (sometimes even correctly), I submit:

4 Likes

I mean, hell … he wasn’t allowed on camera for, like, 25 years or whatever. That’s a serious time-out.

11 Likes

Cockroaches skitter. Teenagers sketcher.

Both annoy, but only one can be killed with impunity.

PS - I know the shoe is actually spelled skecher, but hey, comedic license. Also, I wear some of their shoes as well, and I’m no teenager. Not even a teenage caveman.

5 Likes

Which one is that in?

2 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve watched two of the Vault Picks this month (The Giant Gila Monster and Giant Spider Invasion) and there’s a Donna St. Phibes sketch in both, so I’m guessing she makes a brief appearance in all of them.

9 Likes

I hope you’re right. She’s a fantastic character. :smiley:

7 Likes

I have to wonder: given her dangerous line of work. Does she die and regenerate (off-camera), several times a season. Like TV’s Frank probably did?

7 Likes

I’d post the Hank and Dean clones from Venture Brothers, but honestly they’ve always kind of creeped me out.

4 Likes

Well, she is a xenobiologist, so who knows what strange abilities she’s picked up from her charges!

4 Likes

I’ve got one left to watch, but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by even more monster facts.

7 Likes

I was thinking either regeneration or straight-up immortality. I hear monster studies are popular with the eternal lot.

3 Likes

I’ve been rewatching Kids in the Hall front to back over the past couple months, and they say “skit” like a thousand times, so I no longer know what to believe.

11 Likes

skeet.

8 Likes

PULL!

8 Likes