So did you folks actually kinda like this movie? Because I kinda like this movie.

YOUR QUESTION:
So did you folks actually kinda like this movie? Because I kinda like this movie

NAME TO CREDIT:
Longmile149

HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT:
Just read your credit card number into the mic, that’ll get you pretty close.

11 Likes

As is the custom, I cast the first vote for myself.

(You gotta seed a little scratch into the hat if you want the rubes to toss a little your way.)

This movie is absolutely adorable. I like it a lot!

10 Likes

No. No I did not. Not at all. That was honestly the worst thing I’ve ever seen them do. >.>

(The movie, not the riffing!)

3 Likes

I thought it was really great! It seemed like a sincere effort by everyone involved. The plot made sense, actors were great, I laughed at some of the jokes. Reasonable product for a limited budget, and a ton of heart goes a long way. I would watch this without the riffs.

12 Likes

Right with you!

4 Likes

I’d have to watch it again to get a real opinion of it. Movie + riffs + chat make it a little hard to follow plots that are more involved than, say, Munchie.

3 Likes

To be honest? I rather enjoyed it. It had heart and conviction, the noir vibe/atmosphere absolutely worked for me, and you got the sense that the cast had fun AND were serious about making this thing happen. That makes a world of difference.

9 Likes

This was the Lost Continent of the entire reboot.

1 Like

I liked it a lot more than some of the movies our room did. The Bubble is my Munchie.

8 Likes

Ooo that sounds ominous. Can’t wait! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve gone out of my way not to really look into any of this season’s source movies before they air, but man I’m starting to get real curious about The Bubble.

2 Likes

So you wrote on Demon Squad? Do you have a favorite riff that you got in?

1 Like

Well, considering what I was expecting… a Manos: The Hands of Fate level of badness… I was kind of charmed by Demon Squad. Seems like everybody was having fun making it, and the production values were far from utterly incompetent.

5 Likes

Local Heiress Explodes.

11 Likes

[self-deleted : accentuate the positive!] :blush:

1 Like

I watched it 1.5 times because of the stream SNAFU and it got better the second time

7 Likes

This is probably going to be the second new episode I’ll have to rewatch in the next few days, but this time because I couldn’t make heads or tails of the lead actor’s dialogue without captions, rather than because it was loaded with jokes I missed. The sound mix on the film itself may have been the worst of any MST3K I can remember.

2 Likes

It’s an awful sound mix. Unfortunately, it happened somewhere between us sending off the files and the actual release. We’re as unhappy as you are, but nothing we could do about it, I’m afraid.

8 Likes

“I like it very much!” :+1:

Seriously though. I really do love this movie.

2 Likes