So far this season Emily>Jonah>Joel

They did say in the aftershow that the scripts came before they knew which one would do which, so other than delivery and possibly host segments, any difference you’d notice is purely in your head.

4 Likes

What I’ve loved about Season 13 so far is that truly every episode we’ve gotten so far has felt like it’s had potential to be someone’s favorite MST3k (which, given that we’ve got over 200 episodes, is absolutely already a possibility), and each episode’s felt like it has fantastic re-watch possibility.

I’ve never gotten to watch the show in a way where we were getting one new episode at a time (I found the show deep into the Sci-Fi rerun years after new episodes had stopped being produced), and the Netflix seasons were binges, so watching in real time as we all experience a whole new episode is really making me feel like all the SOL crews are at peak form on these movies.

7 Likes

But we can all agree that George Lazenby was the worst. He barely riffed at all.

9 Likes

LAZENBY HAD HEART IN HIS RIFFING, DANG IT

4 Likes

Eh…no. It’s all entirely subjective, and I seem to be very much in the minority here, but I thought Beyond Atlantis was an absolute dud and Dr. Mordrid was an average episode of MST3K. Munchie, on the other hand, is a top 10 episode for me.

Everyone’s mileage will differ. I’m glad that so many have enjoyed Emily’s two episodes thus far. But man, the pedastal just gets higher every time I log in.

3 Likes

Eh, that’s natural. People are over-reacting one way or another. If the Joel vs. Mike debate is any indicator, it should settle down in about 20 years.

4 Likes

So far this season, I love that we have this season.

17 Likes

you leave my father out of this!

2 Likes

But he aced the swimsuit competition.

3 Likes