So what do the Buttons on Tom Servo's chest Do?

I know the obvious answer here is “Nothing, they’re just there for decoration” but that’s boring, so please give me your wild and wacky theories…

(who knows, this might someday actually be addressed)

13 Likes

He fell in love with a blender, which also had prominent buttons.

This leads me to believe that their primary purpose is [redacted for the sake of keeping the boards mostly ready for prime time.]

12 Likes

They look more like ports than buttons to me. Unused since Tom kicked his PS/2 addiction.

8 Likes

You have to buy him dinner first to get the real answer.

7 Likes

The same thing Darth Vader’s do.

7 Likes

My theory?

Flight controls, of course!

“Nipple nipple tweak tweak fly fly fly”

:+1:

15 Likes

They regulate his sarcasm but unfortunately his arms can’t reach to change the level, not that I think he would want to.

12 Likes

They automatically dial the best and closest pizza delivery place wherever you are whether it’s for for movie sign on the Satellite of Love, the dark side of the moon, or even movie night in your own home.

5 Likes

Hover skirt intake.

7 Likes

They’re actually pipes. It’s so you can play him like the beer bottles.

8 Likes

He’s the switchboard operator on the SoL. The cords to connect calls are wrapped around inside his hoverskirt.

5 Likes

@NatalieShark OMG! So that was what Mike was trying to do during the “What Is Roughhousing?” sketch!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@wyswysia
Decorate-- WITH PHONES!! :phone:

4 Likes

One of the buttons turns his globe into a plasma ball…. There’s also a switch that dispenses gumballs

5 Likes

One of them dispenses rich creamery cheese.

6 Likes

That makes sense, Joel was tinkering with it, I think it was in Spaceship to venus?

2 Likes

mst3k511pop

They allow for additional control while Joel attempts to POP HIM, POP HIM, POP POP POP

14 Likes

This clip explains a bit about electonic life forms’ nipple function.

5 Likes

/presses button/

missile-swarm

8 Likes

They’re like the portholes on a Buick, signifying the number of cylinders powering the mighty Htom Servo

6 Likes

They generate the illusion of Hypnotoad. Tom Servo, in fact, controls the world through hypnosis. He got the idea from Double 007.

5 Likes