So... what happens at the end of this month?

I’m just wondering what happens when that first year’s season pass expires in a few weeks. Obviously we lose access to the Gizmoplex unless we renew, but what is planned next to earn my dollars?

Is there going to be another season? More shorts? Another Kickstarter? I don’t really watch any of the “special tributes” or the live stuff, so I’d really only be interested in new episodes.

How can we all keep this going? I kinda expected an email about “what to expect in the future” by now.

Or am I an idiot and it’s been posted here and I missed it?

10 Likes

We’re getting one last treat for this pass, and it’s the anniversary livestream for the Gizmoplex, which’s coming in 2 weeks. Afterwards, we won’t be gettin’ anymore stuff until the 35 anniversary surprise for the show gets announced.

8 Likes

It becomes March.

10 Likes

I certainly set myself up for that one.

6 Likes

I just want to know where to send my money to ensure an uninterrupted stream of ad-free MST3K piped directly into my home. Maybe Synthia can keep telling me what to watch every month. As we get closer to March, I begin to feel like, in the the words of Stanley Spadowski, that if we were waiting for the last minute, this is it, this is the last minute!

15 Likes

The Gizmoplex is not going away. Any episodes you own, including season 13, will still be available. The remaining catalogue should remain available as well, but they may become ad-supported after the current passes expire. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Joel announced at Christmas that there will be a season 14. Details on episodes, if they will need a Kickstarter, etc, are still pending.

There is one more event on March 3 that is included with the current 12-month pass.

As of right now, nothing has been officially announced or even hinted at, regarding a 35th-anniversary event. So all we can do is ponder the existence of beer on the sun. :slight_smile:

26 Likes

I’m the kind of gal who buys snowsuits in spring so she’s ready for winter, but I’ll dig deep into my reserve of “cool it, sister” and wait for news. I should really just relax :wink:

14 Likes

I know the Gizmoplex isn’t going away, and I’ve downloaded all the eps I want. I was just wondering mainly if any announcements had been made to make me shell out again for future access. Sounds like the answer is no based on responses so far.

9 Likes

Personally, I will be re-subscribing just to support the service. I’m sure a lot of other people will wait, but I don’t mind shelling out money in the hopes of more MST3K.

21 Likes

Oh yeah, absolutely. I’m up for another season pass, just send me those deets, @timryder! LOL!

11 Likes

Is re-subscribing an option yet?

8 Likes

I don’t think so. I assume we’ll be contacted when it is.

7 Likes

How about now?

16 Likes

It’s so not 11:30.

13 Likes

Oh, okay.

How about now?

[Okay, I don’t want to actually do the work for this not very funny joke. But I do want credit for being incredibly annoying, so please assume I keep asking this at random intervals between 5 minutes and an hour.]

22 Likes

Chris, I will turn this car around RIGHT NOW AND WE WON’T BE GOING MINIATURE GOLFING

15 Likes

Chris, listen to your father.

9 Likes

Gosh, I am so looking forward to any news of the renewal process!

I am so ready to sign-up another year! :smiley:

9 Likes

I’d be happy to just set up auto-renew right now and have the pass just keep going (and hopefully see more Synthia Selects and a special event/tribute each month?) until S14 is ready…

6 Likes

ca29b5c0ec5132b3a1052e409458fca8

6 Likes