SOLVED: Can't get to the Virtual Theater. Why is that?

I got an invitation for the virtual theater beta test, and while I was creating a new account, once I tried to sign up, it said that my email is “already in use”.

2 Likes

Did you verify your email? I actually received two verification emails for some reason. The second one worked.

1 Like

For the beta test itself, I did. Last month.

1 Like

So you’ve been beta testing the virtual theater for a month? This is different from the general Gizmoplex website. If so, you shouldn’t need to create another account, you should just be able to log in.

2 Likes

But then, it also said that I’ve been pre-approved for the backer beta test.

1 Like

Are you using the right link? You need to make sure ‘theater’ is in the link you are using.

Once there you need to “create” an account (basically set things up with your existing VHX info) and then see if you get a verification email (it may take up to five minutes). Click the link in the verification email and you should be good to go.

1 Like

That’s the problem. The word ‘theater’ is in the link I’m using, and then when I clicked on ‘create account’ and tried to set things up, it said that my email’s “already in use”, and I didn’t get the verification email.
It turns out that I didn’t pay attention to the instructions.

3 Likes

Just use the same login you’ve been using. It’ll work for both sites.

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice, Ivan. I felt like an idiot.

2 Likes

I was having trouble using the link from my Gizmoplex invite email, and then decided to switch browsers from Safari to Chrome. E’ Voila ! No problem.
Safari doesn’t like a lot of links.

3 Likes

I’m still unable to access the theater beta site, I don’t remember getting the activation email after initially setting it up (after receiving the invite).
Still waiting on a reply from the helpdesk.

2 Likes

There seems to be an issue (Ivan spoke of it on the forums here) that if there isn’t currently a streaming event, that Crow is saying you don’t have a ticket. It was suggested to change it to something else to lend to the fact that there is no streaming event currently, come back later, or some such. But I haven’t seen that happening yet. Crow still scowls at me…lol.

2 Likes