SOLVED: Gizmoplex Downloads Failing

Greetings. I purchased during the last Kickstarter EVERY single digital video package that I possibly could, to get the largest legal digital collection of MST3K that I could!

Well, I started to download them all today, and all was well and good, until about ten minutes ago. Then this started happening:

Now, I’d already sucessfully downloaded 74 of the episodes that I’d bought today, but then when I dipped into the “Ultimate Digital Package”, to get the rest that weren’t in the other packages, they started failing all of a sudden.

I checked the Gizmoplex Help page, but there was no mention of “failed downloads” there, nor do any results come up when I search. And, the Gizmoplex website itself doesn’t appear to have a “Contact Support” page, so this was the first place that I thought to come to.

Any ideas, anyone?

1 Like

That’s a new one! There’s a place to submit a support ticket, but it’s a little hidden. You can find it here.

And if no one gets back to you there, try emailing kickstarter@mst3k.com.

But maybe it’s just too many downloads at once? Try waiting a bit and retry the downloads one at a time, see if that helps.

6 Likes

I occasionally have a similar problem with Rifftrax and other media sites, where if I try downloading more than 2 or 3 items with large file sizes at the same time, some of the downloads time out in my browser’s download manager. I usually find that if I take it just a few files at a time and wait until the previous batch are done before downloading more, everything comes through eventually.

I assume that this is the site limiting downloads to prevent a potential DDOS (distributed denial of service) attack situation.

6 Likes

This seems to be the case. I started downloading one or two at a time, and that’s giving me a better success rate. Strange though that it’d let me do that with the other big packs that I downloaded. Like I was able to download the whole Deluxe pack pretty much all at the same time. You’d think the site would block that too… but it didn’t… strange.

5 Likes

That must’ve put you on a “no riff” list (similar to a ‘no fly’ list, but for riffing)

You are OBVIOUSLY suspicious! sarcasm

2 Likes

Maybe someone noticed the mass download and put in the limit?

2 Likes