SOLVED: GIZMOPLEX IS DOWN! (RESOLVED)

UPDATE: The Gizmoplex.com is now working again. But for future reference, if you try to go to Gizmoplex.com and it won’t load for whatever reason, just try going to theater.gizmoplex.com. That takes you directly to the virtual theater and that was working even when Gizmoplex.com was down. I know it’s a little confusing but trust me, that’s how it worked. Thanx to @ivan and everyone who replied. :grin: :+1:

Thought you’d want to know right away that the entire Gizmoplex.com is down. I’ve included a screenshot of the Error message I’m seeing when I go to gizmoplex.com. The Virtual theater is working (theater.gizmoplex.com) but the Gizmoplex by itself (gizmoplex.com) isn’t.

3 Likes

Interesting:
thizgizizdiz

It took a whole week for anyone to notice?

2 Likes

It was working last Friday when we all watched Batwoman there.

2 Likes

It was working yesterday for me.

2 Likes

That isitdown website lies!

3 Likes

Not quite sure what that’s gauging. I was able to watch Viking Women and the Sea Serpent earlier today.

Anywho, yeah, I tried to get to the Gizmoplex site via Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, and got that Error 1016 message on all three browsers.

I don’t know what’s going on here, so I think this will require @Ivan’s attention.

2 Likes

That’s just the new homepage design. You don’t like it?

5 Likes

We should have known this was coming. We all saw what happened a few days ago when Kinga left Max in charge.

8 Likes

Yeah, but this shouldn’t have been an issue until next Sunday afternoon. It must be from Pearl and Kinga messing around with the time machine.

5 Likes

Ha to Max breaking it.

But I just tried on Chrome and I get the same error (1016). Bummer!

2 Likes

Well the theater thing does work as mentioned. Maybe everyone using it recently has just been going directly to the theater subdomain. The error suggests just that there’s a goofup in the DNS record.

4 Likes

Old-timey still of Bonesey with an unplugged cord in his mouth

10 Likes
5 Likes

I always go in through the gizmoplex.com homepage and then click through to the theater.

2 Likes

The mystery continues!

2 Likes

The theater is probably on a separate higher bandwidth server.

2 Likes

It’s time! The White Dot is coming! The end neareth! All hail White Dot! :egg: (pretend it’s spherical, or imagine this without cutlery) :plate_with_cutlery:

8 Likes

I imagine it thisly: :white_circle:

8 Likes

About freakin’ time

No wait, White Dot needs to come after the Christmas episode

THEN it will be about freakin’ time

5 Likes

Hey all. We’re aware of this one, but here’s the culprit:

Good news is that, even though gizmoplex.com doesn’t work, the Virtual Theater and the apps should be working without problem or interruption.

For the Gizmoplex site, we have to wait for Vimeo OTT to fix whatever has gone wrong on their end, which we hope will be within the next few hours.

15 Likes