SOLVED: Gizmoplex live chat feature?

@Ivan mentioned in one of the threads that the live chat feature was already up and running. I’m using a desktop computer and I’m not seeing any sort of live chat. Is this something in the Virtual Theater that not everyone has access to yet? If so, no worries. Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

(PS why am I required to add tags? I have no idea what I’m supposed to be tagging)

2 Likes

I’m still learning myself, but if you go to the events and pick the one for tonight, the chat bubble pops up at the bottom right of the event screen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have anything that says “Events” If I click on the link for the movie tonight, there is no chat bubble.

Click on the livestream event—there’s a chat window that pops up from the button in the bottom right corner.

EDIT: Apologies to @AoAnne — I scrolled to the bottom and replied before seeing her post.

2 Likes

Nope. This is the URL: PREMIERE: Santo in the Treasure of Dracula - GIZMOPLEX EVENT PASS: 3 Months - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

Browser dependent, maybe? What browser are you using? Any plugins installed (popup blockers, etc.)?

I’m not seeing it here either. Using Chrome on a Mac.

1 Like

Weird—I was just editing my original post to say that I was seeing the chat in Chrome, Safari and Firefox on Mac.

The browser is Chrome. I run a VPN and several ad blockers.

Let me see what happens if I turn those off.

Aha! Ublock origin was the issue. Cheers.

So anyone know how I can let the chat through with Ublock running otherwise?

2 Likes

Aha. I also use ublock origin.

1 Like

Is that one that allows you to set exceptions? Some blockers allow you to bypass based on the site.

1 Like

Not that I can figure out, but I haven’t ever used it to do that before. Anyway, it’s not worth it for a feature I probably won’t use anyway.

1 Like

Not sure, I haven’t played with Ublock very much. I think it isn’t the site so much as a component of the site that would need whitelisting. Not sure how to do that.

If I pop out the chat it seems to still run with UBlock active. I’ll just need to remember to do that.

2 Likes

Apparently there are answers here. I’m not familiar with the plugin, so this will probably make more sense to y’all.

2 Likes

Shorter instructions:

UBLOCK ORIGIN/UBLOCK

1. Click on the uBlock / uBlock Origin application icon in the top right corner of your browser or just to the left of the site’s URL.
  2. When the pop-up appears, click on the large blue power icon at the top of the pop-up.
  3. When it turns gray, click the refresh icon that has appeared.
  4. It will reload the page and you’re good to go!

Yes that turns it off completely. It doesn’t appear there is a way to white-list a specific page or component within that URL. I at least know what’s going on, and I have a viable work around, so good enough for now.

Thanks for your help @MichaelRobertson

1 Like

I figured it out, but it was a pain and I don’t really feel up to doing all the screenshots necessary to explain it.

By the way, it’s weird that you need a separate login for live chat.

2 Likes

Ivan was in that chat for a while yesterday helping people troubleshoot, and I believe he said that the chat engine was a 3rd-party add-on and doesn’t actually integrate with the site.

2 Likes