SOLVED: Offline videos disappear at random

I downloaded a whole bunch of episodes to watch on the go with the MST3K app on Android, went to watch one today and they’ve all been removed!

Can someone look into this please? Downloading those episodes took quite a few evenings!

Edit: they have reappeared! So, let’s change this to “disappear at random”

1 Like

With iPhones, there’s a feature that automatically deletes local files when you’re low on space. I dunno if Androids do that. Every once in a while that’ll happen to me and it’s pretty frustrating.

When you say “removed,” do you mean they were deleted from the phone but could still be downloaded or do you mean they disappeared from the app and couldn’t be accessed?

1 Like

Were you downloading episodes you own, or were they perhaps last month’s vault picks?

1 Like

They had disappeared from the list, the list was empty and there was no suggestion of a permissions issue.

These were all episodes I have purchased.

2 Likes

No, this has happened on my tablet as well, and I have over 2 GB of space on the device. The file is still downloaded, but it doesn’t show up until I try to download it again, then it shows up 5 seconds later.

I only downloaded one episode, and it has disappeared twice already.

1 Like

Hey @xmakina and @Herandar, you folks still having issues with your vids? Just going through and seeing what still needs to be worked on.

Thanks much!

2 Likes

I’ve not found a way to reproduce the bug

2 Likes

Then we’re going to hope that it’s worked it way out. Thanks so much for checking on that and let us know if it happens again!

2 Likes

Had this happen to me tonight. I downloaded 7 or so episodes last weekend to watch if I had down time at work. I was able to watch The Robot vs Aztec Mummy yesterday but when I went to watch an episode just minutes ago, all the downloaded ones are gone.

I have not deleted them myself nor run any kind of space cleaner on my phone. Is there some kind of timer or length of time you can have something downloaded before having to “renew” the download like Netflix does?

Also, why is this marked solved if it wasn’t actually solved?

1 Like