SOLVED: Trying to purchase single Special Event or Premiere only gives the option to buy a Season or Summer Pass

I’m mostly sure this is a shiny new bug and I’m not losing my mind here…

I’ve bought individual episodes for two other friends in the past. However, I can’t seem to do this anymore… I’ve tried logged in and logged out of the 'plex, tried searching individual movies, going through the season pass, and everything else I can think of (literally for the past 30+ minutes) to try and get the video’s checkout page to come up, and the only thing I get is the $40k member pass, the season pass, and the summer pass (if I’m crafty). I cannot figure out how the heck to gift just one episode at a time anymore, halp!

2 Likes

Which episode is giving you trouble? I tried a couple just to make sure I knew how that works and am not having any issues, but I haven’t dug into it very far.

Here’s what I did:

1. Gizmoplex.com

2. Chose an episode from the main page:

1. Clicked “Buy” and got this:

1 Like

Go into the pass which has 42 or 26 items (depending on Season or Summer pass) and one of them will be the next event.

Or use this link: PREMIERE 1307: Gamera vs. Jiger - Gizmoplex Summer Pass (2022) - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX

(Which I got from following those instructions.)

EDIT: I totally spoke too soon. No purchase button on that page. Who’s the dummy? I’M THE DUMMY.

2 Likes

Trying to get the next two - the special event on July 8 and the next premiere on July 22.

Here’s what I see if I’m not logged in:

And here’s what I see if I am logged in:

And for good measure, the Special Event (not logged in, but you get the idea):

2 Likes

The upcoming episodes aren’t on the main page, just the ones that’ve already shown. Which, yes, I CAN get my friend Munchie, but… I wanted them to be able to join us in the forums on Fridays. <3

1 Like

AT LEAST IT’S NOT JUST ME.

Because I’ve definitely done this twice before and bought two separate OTHER pals individual episodes. I know I have. I lived that. It happened.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s just that the products don’t exist until the week of the premiere?

Who’s the dummy? STILL ME, BUT AT LEAST I HAVE A SUPPORT GROUP.

1 Like

Still digging—I’m not seeing a way to pre-purchase those titles either.

1 Like

There used to be a way, unless the past 2 months of my life have been a fever dream! I know in my heart of hearts that I got other people individual episodes.

Oh shi…I should go make sure I didn’t accidentally get them season passes. But I feel like I would’ve noticed the extra digits in the purchase.

Let’s run it up the line and see what happens. I believe Ivan is OOO for a couple of days— @timryder do you have any insight on this? It looks like maybe those two events (1307 and Special 104) just aren’t set up for individual sale yet.

1 Like

Thanks @MichaelRobertson! There’s still a week before the next event anyway so it may very well just be that it’s not ready yet. I just wanted to do some immediate gifting because I just found out a goof friend is a MSTie and hadn’t heard of the gizmoplex yet. But I can be patient and try again later on, too. :heart:

1 Like

Since these are the July films, I suspect they won’t be available for any sort of ticket sales until tomorrow (or early next week since it’s a holiday weekend). Once the virtual theater has been re-skinned for the July events, the tickets should be available for presale.

2 Likes

And they say you’re only on time if you’re early!

To be early is to be on time.
To be on time is to be late.
To be late… unforgivable.

Those next two events aren’t on sale just yet. They will be within the next 1-2 days.

6 Likes

Darn my overzealous excitement! :stuck_out_tongue: Also, WB @Ivan, hope you had an awesome birthday!!! :heart: :birthday:

@ivan will make the next events for sale once @mattmcg22 says those magic words: “Push the button, Ivan”.

1 Like
2 Likes

Overdubs are the best.

I love that you created an overdub for this, instead of just grabbing any of the times Matt has said that at the end of the livestream.

1 Like