SOLVED: Video Maximizing Issue - Virtual Theater - Safari - iPad Mini 5

From my iPad Mini 5, using Safari, I am watching the event replay for the tribute to Manos in the Virtual Theater. While playing, I tap the video window to reveal the controls for maximizing the window so I can go into “full screen” mode. The last time I tried this, I believe I was on my MacBook, it worked for me and if I recall it actually only got a bit bigger. Either way, now it seems this is not working in the same way from my iPad. The video jumps up to the top left corner of the Safari browser tab and is partially cut off. I have added screenshots to show this.

4 Likes

Ok. So, just after I posted this I went to my MacBook to try it from there again and while fiddling around there, I came to realize that it seems I should only use the magnifying glass icon in the top right of the video window to increase the size rather than the icon of the two arrows that are in the bottom right corner. If there is anything else I should know here about these features feel free to let me know. Thanks much!

2 Likes

This is a known issue with Safari. Full-screen video is currently only foolproof in Chrome-based browsers.

6 Likes

Thanks much.

3 Likes